Features and Benefits
- 2-, 3- or 4-Phase Outputs
- Optional Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Improved EMC Performance
- 5kHz to 20MHz Frequency Range
- One External Resistor Sets the Frequency
- One External Resistor Sets Percent Frequency Spreading
- 400µA Typical Supply Current, VS = 3V, 1MHz
- Frequency Error < 1.5% Max, 5kHz to 10MHz (TA = 25°C)
- Frequency Error < 2% Max, 5kHz to 10MHz (TA = 0°C to 70°C)
- ±40ppm/°C Temperature Stability
- Fast Start-Up Time: 50µs to 1.5ms
- 100Ω CMOS Output Driver
- Operates from a Single 2.7V to 5.5V Supply
- Available in 10-Lead MS Package
The LTC6902 is a precision, low power and easy-to-use oscillator that provides multiphase outputs in a small package. The oscillator frequency is set by a single external resistor (RSET). The LTC6902 also provides an optional spread spectrum frequency modulation (SSFM) capability that can be activated and controlled by an additional external resistor (RMOD).
The LTC6902's master oscillator is controlled by the RSET resistor and has a range of 100kHz and 20MHz. In order to accommodate a wider output frequency range, a programmable divider (divide by 1, 10 or 100) is included. The integrated programmable multiphase circuit provides either 2-, 3- or 4-phase waveforms.
The LTC6902's SSFM capability modulates the oscillator's frequency by a pseudorandom noise (PRN) signal to spread the oscillator's energy over a wide frequency band. This spreading decreases the peak electromagnetic radiation level and improves electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) performance. The amount of frequency spreading is programmable by a single additional external resistor (RMOD) and is disabled by grounding the MOD pin.
- Switching Power Supply Clock Reference
- Portable and Battery-Powered Equipment
- Cell Phones
- Clocking Switched Capacitor Filters
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Product Selector Card (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.