Features and Benefits
- DDR Power Supply, Termination and Reference
- High Efficiency: Up to 94%
- Dual Outputs with ±3A Output Current Capability
- 2.25V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- VTT Output Voltage Down to 0.5V
- Shutdown Current ≤1μA
- VTTR = VDDQIN/2, VFB2 = VTTR
- Adjustable Switching Frequency Up to 4MHz
- Internal or External Compensation
- Selectable 0°/90°/180° Phase Shift Between Channels
- Internal or External Soft-Start for VDDQ, Internal Soft-Start for VTT
- Power Good Status Outputs
- Low Profile 4mm × 4mm QFN-24 and TSSOP-24 Packages
The LTC3618 is a dual synchronous step-down regulator using a current mode, constant-frequency architecture. It provides a complete DDR solution with an input voltage range from 2.25V to 5.5V.
The output of the first step-down regulator offers a high accuracy VDDQ supply. A buffered reference generates VTTR at 50% of VDDQIN and drives loads up to ±10mA. The second regulator generates the DDR termination voltage (VTT) equal to VTTR. Both regulators are capable of delivering ±3A of load current at 1MHz switching frequency.
The operating frequency is externally programmable up to 4MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors. 0°, 90°, or 180° of phase shift between the two channels can be selected to minimize input current ripple. For switching noise-sensitive applications, the LTC3618 can be synchronized to an external clock up to 4MHz.
The LTC3618 is offered in leadless 24-pin 4mm × 4mm QFN and thermally enhanced 24-pin TSSOP packages.
- DDR Memory
- Supports DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 Standards
- Tracking Supplies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 1726 is a dual high efficiency monolithic step-down (buck) DC/DC switching regulator designed for double-data-rate (DDR) memory termination in computer systems. The VDDQ output is capable of sourcing and sinking up to 3A with output voltages of 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V plus an optional voltage, selected using jumpers. The VTT output can also source and sink up to 3A with an output voltage equal to half of the VDDQ voltage, half of the input voltage or half of an externally applied voltage, selected using a jumper. An additional low current output (VTTR) equal to the VTT voltage capable of sourcing and sinking up to 10mA is included. Input voltage range is from 2.25V to 5.5V with overvoltage protection for transients exceeding 6.5V.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Reference Designs (1)
NXP NOVPED iMX6 QP Development Board
NXP NOVPED iMX6 QP Development Board
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.