Features and Benefits
- Complete DDR-QDR4 SRAM Power Solution Including VDDQ, VTT, VTTR (or VREF)
- Solution in 0.5cm2 (Dual-Sided PCB)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.6V to 15V
- 3.3V Input Compatible with VIN Tied to INTVCC
- 0.6V to 2.5V Output Voltage Range
- Dual ±3A DC Output Current with Sink and Source Capability
- ±1.5%, ±10mA Buffered VTTR = VDDQ/2 Output
- 3A VDDQ + 3A VTT or Dual Phase Single 6A VTT
- ±1.5% Maximum Total Output Voltage Regulation Error Over Load, Line and Temperature
- Current Mode Control, Fast Transient Response
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Multiphase Parallelable with Current Sharing
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Overvoltage Input and Overtemperature Protection
- Power Good Indicator
- Ultrathin 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 1.82mm LGA and 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.42mm BGA Packages
The LTM4632 is an ultrathin triple output step-down μModule® (power module) regulator to provide complete power solution for DDR-QDR4 SRAM. Operating from a 3.6V to 15V input voltage, the LTM4632 supports two ±3A output rails, both sink and source capable, for VDDQ and VTT, plus a 10mA low noise reference VTTR output. Both VTT and VTTR track and are equal to VDDQ/2. Housed in a 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 1.82mm LGA and 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.42mm BGA packages, the LTM4632 includes the switching controller, power FETs, inductors and support components. Alternatively, the power module can also be configured as a two phase single ±6A output VTT. Only a few ceramic input and output capacitors are needed to complete the design.
The LTM4632 supports selectable Burst Mode operation (CH1 only) and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing. Its high switching frequency and current mode control enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability.
Fault protection features include overvoltage input, overcurrent and overtemperature protection.
The LTM4632 is RoHS compliant with Pb-free finish.
- DDR Memory Power Supply
- General Purpose Point of Load Conversion
- Telecom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit DC2367A features the LTM4632EV μModule® regulator, a tiny low-profile high-performance high efficiency dual step-down regulator for DDR power. LTM4632 has an operating input voltage range of 3.6V to 15V. The output voltage of channel 1 (VDDQ) is resistor programmable from 0.6V to 2.5V and is capable of delivering up to 3A of output current. The output voltage of channel 2 (VTT) is set to regulate ½ of the voltage on the VDDQIN pin which can provided by either the channel 1 output or an external reference voltage. It can source or sink up to 3A of output current. A 10mA buffered output of VDDQIN/2 is also provided for supplying VREF voltage for DDR memory. DC2367A also provides the option for paralleling channels 1 and 2 together for up to 6A capable VTT rail.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
To open the project file for this circuit:
Step 1: Download and install LTpowerCAD on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link(s) in the section below to download part-specific project files.
Step 3: If the project file doesn't run, right-click the link and select "Save Target As." Then start the LTpowerCAD tool and open the project file by selecing "Open Project" from the "File" menu.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
HTG-VSL1Versal PRIME /AI PCI Express Platform
HTG-VSL1Versal PRIME /AI PCI Express Platform
Features & Benefits
- Xilinx Versal™ AI Core and Prime series solves a broad range of industry-specific problems with performance and flexibility. Core use cases include storage acceleration, data center network acceleration, 5G xHaul and Passive optical networks.
- The HTG-VSL1 AI Core and Prime PCIe express platform allows easy and versatile functional expansion through two Vita 57.4 compliant High-Pin-Count FMC+ ports and one high-speed AcceleRate® port.
- Analog Devices, Inc. supports power delivery solutions for the HTG-VSL1 for the Versal AI Core and Versal Prime PCIe express platform. DC/DC μModule regulators are used on the HTG-VSL1 to power Xilinx FPGA and/or SoC rails as well as other system rails. These regulators are highly integrated solutions with built in controller, power FETs, inductors, and capacitors that simplify layout and provide robust power delivery performance.
- ADI provides supporting documentation including power schematics, layout, LTpowerPlanner® and applicable LTpowerPlay® configuration files to enable you to validate the power solution for your application seamlessly.
- For a complete list power designs and use cases, please contact your local FAE.
- Key Power DC DC Modules include:
- LTM4700 is a Dual 50A or Single 100A μModule Regulator with Digital Power System Management, PMBus
- LTM4638 is a 15A Step-Down DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LTM4625 is a 5A Step-Down DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LTM4632 is a Triple Output, Step-Down μModule Regulator for DDR-QDR4 Memory
- LTC2937 is a Programmable Six Channel Sequencer and Voltage Supervisor with EEPROM
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.