Features and Benefits
- Time and Event Based Sequencing
- 12 Programmable Undervoltage (UV) and Overvoltage (OV) Comparators: ±0.75% Accuracy
- I2C/SMBus Interface
- Stalled Power Supply Detection
- Single Wire Synchronization Allows Controller Expansion to 50 Devices (300 Power Supplies)
- Configuration and Fault Logging in EEPROM
- EEPROM Specified Over Entire Temperature Range, Rated to 125°C, 10k Writes, 20yr Retention
- Supported by LTpowerPlay® GUI
- Fault and System Status Registers
- Reset Output with Programmable Delay
- Wide Input Supply Voltage Range: 2.9V to 16.5V
- 28-Lead QFN (5mm × 6mm) Package
The LTC2937 is a 6-channel power supply sequencer and voltage supervisor. Supplies are enabled or disabled with precise user controlled order and time spacing. To detect power supply output faults during sequencing and monitoring, the LTC2937 accurately monitors supply turn-on/-off delays and output voltage levels. In the event of a fault, response actions include complete power supply shutdown and optional restarts. Root cause of power faults are logged to EEPROM. For systems with high supply count, a simple single wire connection between multiple LTC2937 devices allows sequencing expansion to 300 supplies. After successful sequencing and supply voltage stabilization, the reset output pulls high to initiate microprocessor or other system activity. To accommodate supply margin testing, the reset output can be disabled. Upon supply turn-off, integrated current sources are available as needed to discharge slowly decaying supplies. Configuration EEPROM supports autonomous operation without software.
- Network Servers
- Data Storage Systems
- Telecom Equipment
- High Availability Computer Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The DC2347A contains only those functions necessary to safely program and verify the LTC2937 configuration EEPROM. It serves no other purpose. The DC2347A holds the LTC2937 in a clamshell socket for convenient access and replacement of parts. The LTpowerPlay™ GUI software, running on a PC, provides a simple interface to program and verify the EEPROM with a user supplied configuration.
Demonstration circuit 2313A showcases the LTC2937, a programmable six channel power supply sequencer and voltage supervisor.
The LTC2937 provides flexible sequence control for up to six power supplies. It enables and disables the supplies with configurable sequence order and time delays, monitors the supplies for power-up and power-down time, and for overvoltage and undervoltage. It cooperates with other LTC2937 parts in the system to coordinate power sequencing activities. It provides flexible fault response to autonomously supervise the power supplies, and powerful debug tools to diagnose any problem that causes a power- supply fault. It holds configuration in non-volatile EEPROM for completely automatic power system supervision.
Tools & Simulations
Linduino is Analog Devices’ Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code for our integrated circuits. Each Linduino-supported product includes an example main program, defined in the LTSketchbook/Part Number folder and driver code, defined in the LTSketchbook/libraries folder.
Reference Designs (1)
HTG-VSL1Versal PRIME /AI PCI Express Platform
HTG-VSL1Versal PRIME /AI PCI Express Platform
Features & Benefits
- Xilinx Versal™ AI Core and Prime series solves a broad range of industry-specific problems with performance and flexibility. Core use cases include storage acceleration, data center network acceleration, 5G xHaul and Passive optical networks.
- The HTG-VSL1 AI Core and Prime PCIe express platform allows easy and versatile functional expansion through two Vita 57.4 compliant High-Pin-Count FMC+ ports and one high-speed AcceleRate® port.
- Analog Devices, Inc. supports power delivery solutions for the HTG-VSL1 for the Versal AI Core and Versal Prime PCIe express platform. DC/DC μModule regulators are used on the HTG-VSL1 to power Xilinx FPGA and/or SoC rails as well as other system rails. These regulators are highly integrated solutions with built in controller, power FETs, inductors, and capacitors that simplify layout and provide robust power delivery performance.
- ADI provides supporting documentation including power schematics, layout, LTpowerPlanner® and applicable LTpowerPlay® configuration files to enable you to validate the power solution for your application seamlessly.
- For a complete list power designs and use cases, please contact your local FAE.
- Key Power DC DC Modules include:
- LTM4700 is a Dual 50A or Single 100A μModule Regulator with Digital Power System Management, PMBus
- LTM4638 is a 15A Step-Down DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LTM4625 is a 5A Step-Down DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LTM4632 is a Triple Output, Step-Down μModule Regulator for DDR-QDR4 Memory
- LTC2937 is a Programmable Six Channel Sequencer and Voltage Supervisor with EEPROM
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.