Features and Benefits
- 3.6V to 20V Input Voltage Range
- 3A Output Current per Channel
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- Low Duty Cycle Operation: 5% at 2.25MHz
- Selectable 0°/180° Phase Shift Between Channels
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 500kHz to 4MHz
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- User Selectable Burst Mode® Operation or Forced Continuous Mode Operation
- Output Voltage Tracking and Soft-Start Capability
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Overvoltage Input and Overtemperature Protection
- Power Good Status Outputs
- LTC3633: 16V Absolute Maximum VIN
- LTC3633A: 20V Absolute Maximum VIN, Pin Compatible with LTC3633
- Low Profile (4mm × 5mm) QFN-28 and 28-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LTC3633A is a high efficiency, dual-channel monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a controlled on-time, current mode architecture, with phase lockable switching frequency. The two channels can run 180° out of phase to relax the requirements for input and output capacitance. The operating supply voltage range is from 3.6V to 20V, making it suitable for lithium-ion battery stacks as well as point of load power supply applications from a 12V or 5V supply.
The operating frequency is programmable from 500kHz to 4MHz with an external resistor and may be synchronized to an external clock signal. The high frequency capability allows the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. The unique constant frequency/controlled ontime architecture is ideal for high step-down ratio applications that operate at high frequency while demanding fast transient response. An internal phase locked loop servos the on-time of the internal one-shot timer to match the frequency of the internal clock or an applied external clock.
The LTC3633A can select between forced continuous mode and high efficiency Burst Mode operation. The LTC3633A and LTC3633A-1 differ in their output voltage sense range (refer to Table 1 in the Operation section of the datasheet for a description of the entire LTC3633A product family).
|Part Number||Output Voltage Sense Range||SVin Input||V2P5 Output||LTC3633 Pin Compatible|
|LTC3633A||0.6V TO 6V||No||Yes||Yes|
|LTC3633A-1||1.5V TO 12V||No||Yes||Yes|
|LTC3633A-2||0.6V TO 6V||Yes||No||No|
|LTC3633A-3||1.5V TO 12V||Yes||No||No|
- Distributed Power Systems
- Battery Powered Instruments
- Point of Load Power Supplies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit DC1895 is a dual output regulator consisting of two constant-frequency step-down converters, based on the LTC3633A monolithic dual channel synchronous buck regulator. The DC1895 has an input voltage range of 3.6V to 20V, with each regulator capable of delivering up to 3A of output current. The DC1895 can operate in either Burst Mode® operation or forced continuous mode. In shutdown, the DC1895 can run off of less than 15μA total. The DC1895 is a very efficient circuit: over 90% for either circuit. The DC1895 uses the 28-Pin QFN LTC3633AEUFD package, which has an exposed pad on the bottom-side of the IC for better thermal performance. These features, plus a programmable operating frequency range from 500kHz to 4MHz (2MHz switching frequency with the RT pin connected to INTVCC), make the DC1895 demo board an ideal circuit for use industrial or distributed power applications.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
To open the project file for this circuit:
Step 1: Download and install LTpowerCAD on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link(s) in the section below to download part-specific project files.
Step 3: If the project file doesn't run, right-click the link and select "Save Target As." Then start the LTpowerCAD tool and open the project file by selecing "Open Project" from the "File" menu.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
ZCU104Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU104 Paper Reference Design
ZCU104Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU104 Paper Reference Design
Features & Benefits
- The ZCU104 Evaluation Kit enables designers to jumpstart designs for embedded vision applications such as surveillance, Advanced Driver Assisted Systems (ADAS), machine vision, Augmented Reality (AR), drones and medical imaging.
- The ADI Power delivery solutions support multiple reference designs using DC/DC module and monolithic solutions. ADI offers several options for powering the Zu7 FPGA.
- Our module-based solutions combine a small footprint, while maximizing efficiency and tight regulation. Our monolithic based solutions support a lower cost optimized power delivery solution for mass production.
- ADI provides supporting documentation to enable you to validate the power solution for your application seamlessly.
- For a complete list power designs and use cases, please contact your local FAE.
- Please refer to the circuit descriptions below that best support your design.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.