Features and Benefits
- PMBus/I2C Compliant Serial Interface
- Monitor Voltage, Current, Temperature and Faults
- Digitally Program VOUT, Margins, UV, OV, Current Limit, Soft-Start/Stop and Sequencing
- Expandable to >16 Phases
- External Resistor Divider Programs Output Voltage
- 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 26.5V, 0.3V ≤ VOUT ≤ 3.45V
- ±0.5% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Programmable PWM Loop Compensation
- Accurate PolyPhase® Current Sharing
- Internal EEPROM with ECC and Fault Logging
- DrMOS Output Current Monitor Interface
- DrMOS Temperature/Fault Bus Interface
- DrMOS Gate Drive Supply Monitor
- Load Step Emulation
- Internal or External PWM Clock from 250kHz to 1MHz
- 52-Pin (5mm × 8mm) QFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LTC3888-1 is a PMBus-compliant dual loop DC/DC synchronous step-down switching regulator controller with eight expandable phases supporting a wide range of master/slave configurations. The controller uses constant frequency current mode architecture to provide excellent transient response and output regulation. Each PWM master is capable of producing output voltages from 0.3V to 3.45V with multiple phase configurations using DrMOS devices that provide an output current monitor.
Output voltage is set with an external voltage divider. PMBus configuration and monitoring is supported by LTpowerPlay™ software. Programmable loop compensation and built-in load step emulation facilitate setting bandwidth based on input voltage and output load capacitance. PMBus commands allow read back of input voltage, output voltage and current, and operating status. Operating parameters can be set via PMBus command or stored in internal EEPROM for use at power up. Switching frequency, phase configuration, output current limit and device address can also be set using external programming resistors.
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- Servers, Network and Storage Equipment
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Application Notes (6)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.