Features and Benefits
- PMBus/I2C Compliant Serial Interface
- Telemetry Read-Back Includes VIN, IIN, VOUT, IOUT, Temperature and Faults
- Programmable Voltage, Current Limit, Digital Soft-Start/Stop, Sequencing, Margining, OV/UV/OC
- Sub-Milliohm DCR Current Sensing
- Digitally Adjustable Loop Compensation Parameters
- ±0.5% Output Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature
- Integrated Input Current Sense Amplifier
- Internal EEPROM with ECC and Fault Logging
- Integrated N-Channel MOSFET Gate Drivers
The LTC7132 is a dual output PolyPhase DC/DC synchronous step-down monolithic regulator with an I2C-based PMBus compliant serial interface. The regulator employs a constant-frequency current mode architecture, together with a unique scheme to provide excellent performance in sub-milliohm DCR applications. The LTC7132 is supported by the LTpowerPlay® software development tool with graphical user interface (GUI).
Programmable loop compensation allows the regulator to be compensated digitally. The switching frequency, channel phasing and device address can be programmed both by the digital interface as well as the external configuration resistors. Additionally, parameters can be set via the digital interface and stored in EEPROM. Both outputs have independent power good indicators and FAULT function.
The LTC7132 can be configured to operate in discontinuous (pulse-skipping) mode or forced continuous conduction mode. Each channel can deliver up to 25A of load current; the total current capability will depend on the APPLICATIONS total power dissipations on both channels.
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 20V
- VOUT Range: 0.5V to 3.5V (with Ultralow DCR Setting);
- 0.5V to 5.5V (Typical DCR Setting)
- Accurate PolyPhase® Current Sharing for Up to 6 Phases
- Available in a 140-Lead (9mm × 11.25mm × 2.22mm)
- BGA Package
- Telecom, Datacom and Storage Systems
- Industrial and Point-of-Load Applications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.