Features and Benefits
- Dual 30A or Single 60A Digitally Adjustable Analog Loops with Digital Interface for Control and Monitoring
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 16V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.5V to 3.3V
- 90% Full Load Efficiency from 12VIN to 1VOUT at 60A
- ±0.5% Maximum DC Output Error Over Temperature
- ±2.5% Current Readback Accuracy (25°C to 125°C)
- Integrated Input Current Sense Amplifier
- 400kHz PMBus-Compliant I2C Serial Interface
- Supports Telemetry Polling Rates up to 125Hz
- Constant Frequency Current Mode Control
- Parallel and Current Share Multiple Modules
- Pin Compatible with LTM4678
- 16mm × 16mm × 7.82mm BGA Package
- Input and Output Voltages, Currents, and Temperatures
- Running Peak Values, Uptime, Faults and Warnings
- Onboard EEPROM Fault Log Record
- Output Voltage, Voltage Sequencing and Margining
- Digital Soft-Start/Stop Ramp, Program Analog Loop
- OV/UV/OT, UVLO, Frequency and Phasing
The LTM4680 is a dual 30A or single 60A step-down µModule® (power module) DC/DC regulator featuring remote configurability and telemetry-monitoring of power management parameters over PMBus—an open standard I2C-based digital interface protocol. The LTM4680 is comprised of digitally programmable analog control loops, precision mixed-signal circuitry, EEPROM, power MOSFETs, inductors and supporting components.
The LTM4680’s 2-wire serial interface allows outputs to be margined, tuned and ramped up and down at programmable slew rates with sequencing delay times. True input current sense, output currents and voltages, output power, temperatures, uptime and peak values are readable. Custom configuration of the EEPROM contents is not required. At start-up, output voltages, switching frequency, and channel phase angle assignments can be set by pin-strapping resistors. The LTpowerPlay® GUI and DC1613 USB-to-PMBus converter and demo kits are available.
The LTM4680 is offered in a 16mm × 16mm × 7.82mm BGA package available with SnPb or RoHS compliant terminal finish. Pin compatible with LTM4678.
- System Optimization, Characterization and Data Mining in Prototype, Production and Field Environments
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2844A is a dual-output, high efficiency, high density, µModule® regulator with 4.5V to 16V input range. Each output can supply 30A maximum load current. The demo board has a LTM4680 µModule regulator, which is a dual 30A or single 60A step-down regulator with digital power system management. Please see LTM4680 data sheet for more detailed information.
DC2844A powers up to default settings and produces power based on configuration resistors without the need for any serial bus communication. This allows easy evaluation of the DC/DC converter. To fully explore the extensive power system management features of the part, download the GUI software LTpowerPlay® onto your PC and use ADI’s I2C/SMBus/PMBus dongle DC1613A to connect to the board. LTpowerPlay allows the user to reconfigure the part on-the-fly and store the configuration in EEPROM, view telemetry of voltage, current, temperature and fault status
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.