Features and Benefits
- Complete Solution in <1cm2 (Single-Sided PCB) or 0.5cm2 (Dual-Sided PCB)
- 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 3.87mm BGA Package
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.1V to 20V
- 0.5V to 5.5V Output Voltage
- 8A DC Output Current
- ±1.5% Maximum Total DC Output Voltage Error Over Line, Load and Temperature
- Differential Remote Sensing Amp
- Current Mode Control, Fast Transient Response
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Multiphase Parallel Current Sharing with Multiple LTM4657s
- Output Voltage Tracking
- Selectable Discontinuous Mode
- Power Good Indicator
- Overvoltage, Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
- Pin Compatible with LTM4626(12A) and LTM4638(15A)
The LTM4657 is a complete 8A step-down switching mode µModule (micromodule) regulator in a tiny 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 3.87mm BGA package. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 3.1V to 20V, the LTM4657 supports an output voltage range of 0.5V to 5.5V, set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers up to 8A continuous output current. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed.
The LTM4657 supports selectable discontinuous mode operation and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing. Its high switching frequency and current mode control enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability.
Fault protection features include overvoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature protection.
The LTM4657 is available with SnPb or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
- Telecom, Datacom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment
- Data Storage Rack Units and Cards
- Test and Debug Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.