Features and Benefits
- Complete Solution in <1cm2
- Wide Input Voltage Range:3.6V to 20V
- 3.3V Input Compatible with VIN Tied to INTVCC
- 0.6V to 5.5V Output Voltage
- Dual 2.5A (3A Peak) or Single 5A Output Current
- ±1.5% Maximum Total Output Voltage Regulation Error Over Load, Line and Temperature
- Current Mode Control, Fast Transient Response
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Multiphase Parallelable with Current Sharing
- Output Voltage Tracking and Soft-Start Capability
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Overvoltage Input and Overtemperature Protection
- Power Good Indicators
- 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 1.82mm LGA and 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.42mm BGA Packages
The LTM4622 is a complete dual 2.5A step-down switching mode μModule® (powermodule) regulator in a tiny ultrathin 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 1.82mm LGA and 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.42mm BGA packages. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 3.6V to 20V, the LTM4622 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5.5V, set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers dual 2.5A continuous, 3A peak, output current. Only a few ceramic input and output capacitors are needed.
The LTM4622 supports selectable Burst Mode operation and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing. Its high switching frequency and current mode control enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability.
Fault protection features include input overvoltage, output overcurrent and overtemperature protection.
The LTM4622 is available with SnPb (BGA) or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
|Vin Range||Vout Range||IOUT|
|LTM4622||3.6V to 20V||0.6V to 5.5V||Dual 2.5A or Single 5A|
|LTM4622A||3.6V to 20V||1.5V to 12V||Dual 2A or Single 4A|
- General Purpose Point of Load Conversion
- Telecom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment
- Test and Debug Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (3)
The AD9208-3000EBZ supports the AD9208-3000, a 14-bit, 3GSPS dual analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The device has an on-chip buffer and a sample-and-hold circuit designed for low power, small size, and ease of use. This device is designed support direct RF sampling analog signals of up to 5 GHz. The 3 dB bandwidth of the ADC input is greater than 9 GHz. The AD9208 is optimized for wide input bandwidth, high sampling rate, excellent linearity, and low power in a small package.
This reference design provides all of the support circuitry required to operate the ADC in its various modes and configurations. It is designed to interface directly with the ADS7-V2EBZ data capture card, allowing users to download captured data for analysis. The device control and subsequent data analyses can now be done using the ACE software package.
The AD9208-DUAL-EBZ is a demonstration board designed to show multi-chip synchronization using JESD204B subclass1 protocol. The AD9208-3000 is a 14-bit, 3GSPS dual analog-to-digital converter (ADC). This device is designed support direct RF sampling analog signals of up to 5 GHz. The 3 dB bandwidth of the ADC input is greater than 9 GHz. The AD9208 is optimized for wide input bandwidth, high sampling rate, excellent linearity, and low power in a small package. The HMC7044 is a high performance, dual-loop, integer-N jitter attenuator capable of performing reference selection and generation of ultralow phase noise frequencies for high speed data converters with either parallel or serial (JESD204B type) interfaces. The LTM8074 is a 40VIN, 1.2A continuous, 1.75A peak, step-down µModule® (power module) regulator. The Silent Switcher architecture minimizes EMI while delivering high efficiency at frequencies up to 2.2MHz.
This reference design provides all of the support circuitry required to operate the ADC in its various modes and configurations. It is designed to easily demonstrate multi-chip synchronization using the JESD204B subclass1 protocol. The board is designed to interface directly with FPGA development boards with FMC+ (Vita57.4) connector.
Features & Benefits
Two evaluation options are available: AD9208-3000EBZ and AD9208-DUAL-EBZ.
- AD9208-3000 Features
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9208-3000.
- Wide band Balun driven input.
- No external supply needed. Uses 12V-1A and 3.3V-3A supplies from FMC connector.
- Single software interface for device control and analysis through ACE.
- AD9208-DUAL Features
- Demonstration board showing multi-chip synchronization of two AD9208 ADCs using HMC7044.
- Self contained clocking for the ADCs as well as the FPGA.
- Single external 12V supply.
- Interfaces with VCU118 or similar FPGA development board with FMC+ (Vita57.4) connector.
- Uses Analog Devices’ JESD204B IP framework.
- Low SWaP high efficiency power delivery using Silent Switcher technology.
- Full software support available Analog Devices Wiki Page.
Demonstration circuit 2249B features the LTM4622 µModule® regulator, a tiny low profile high performance high efficiency dual step-down regulator. The LTM4622 has an operating input voltage range of 3.6V to 20V and is able to provide an output current of up to 2.5A for each channel. Each output’s voltage is programmable from 0.6V to 5.5V. The LTM4622 is a complete DC-DC point of load regulator in a low profile thermally enhanced 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 1.82mm LGA package requiring only a few input and output capacitors. Output voltage tracking is available through the TRACK/SS pin for supply rail sequencing. External clock synchronization is available through the SYNC/MODE pin. For high efficiency at low load currents the MODE pin jumper (JP3) selects the Burst Mode® option for operation in less noise sensitive applications. The LTM4622 data sheet must be read in conjunction with this demo manual for working on or modifying demo circuit 2249B.
This evaluation board is obsolete and no longer recommended. The replacement board is the DC2249B
Demonstration Circuit 2249A features the LTM4622EV μModule® regulator, a tiny low profile high performance high efficiency dual step-down regulator. The LTM4622 has an operating input voltage range of 3.6V to 20V and is able to provide an output current of up to 2.5A for each channel. Each output’s voltage is programmable from 0.6V to 5.5V. The LTM4622 is a complete DC-DC point of load regulator in a low profile thermally enhanced 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 1.82mm LGA package requiring only a few input and output capacitors. Output voltage tracking is available through the TRACK/SS pin for supply rail sequencing.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
To open the project file for this circuit:
Step 1: Download and install LTpowerCAD on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link(s) in the section below to download part-specific project files.
Step 3: If the project file doesn't run, right-click the link and select "Save Target As." Then start the LTpowerCAD tool and open the project file by selecing "Open Project" from the "File" menu.
LTpowerCAD Project Files
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
Intel Stratix 10 FPGA PCIe Development Kit
Intel Stratix 10 FPGA PCIe Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with Intel PSG to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications.
- The validated power solutions include uModules power products that address time and space constraints while delivering high efficiency, reliability, and low noise.
- The actual power tree represents the best solution at time of design.
- A recommended power tree has also been included to present the ideal solution at time of Stratix 10 GX PCIe development kit release. An updated alternate version of the power tree represents the latest solutions available from Analog Devices. For many applications, an intermediate rail is not ideal, so recommendations an alternate power tree that allow for direct power conversion from 12V input is provided below.
LTM4622 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
Technical Articles (4)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.