Features and Benefits
- Input Voltage Range: 1.6V to 45V
- Output Current: 200mA
- Quiescent Current: 45μA
- Dropout Voltage: 300mV
- Low Noise: 30μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Adjustable Output (VREF = 600mV)
- Fixed Output Voltages: 3.3V, 5V
- Output Tolerance: ±2% Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- Single Capacitor Soft-Starts Reference and Lowers Output Noise
- Shutdown Current: < 1μA
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Current Limit Foldback and Thermal Limit Protection
- 8-Lead 2mm × 3mm DFN and MSOP Packages
The LT3062 is a micropower, low dropout (LDO) linear regulator that operates over a 1.6V to 45V supply range and is available in a series of fixed output and adjustable versions. The device supplies 200mA of output current with a typical dropout voltage of 300mV. A single external capacitor provides programmable low noise reference performance and output soft-start functionality. The LT3062’s quiescent current is merely 45μA and provides fast transient response with a minimum 3.3μF output capacitor. In shutdown, quiescent current is less than 1μA and the reference soft start capacitor is reset.
The LT3062 optimizes stability and transient response with low ESR, ceramic output capacitors. The LT3062 does not require the addition of ESR as is common with other regulators.
Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery protection, reverse-output protection, reverse-current protection, current limit with foldback and thermal shutdown.
The LT3062 is available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V and 5V, and as an adjustable device with an output voltage range from the 600mV reference up to 40V. The LT3062 is offered in the thermally enhanced 8-lead 2mm × 3mm DFN and MSOP packages.
- Battery Powered Systems
- Automotive Power Supplies
- Industrial Power Supplies
- Avionic Power Supplies
- Portable Instruments
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2177A-B features the LT3062, a micropower, low noise and low dropout voltage linear regulator. The input voltage ranges from 2.1V to 45V and the maximum output current is 200mA. A resistor divider determines the output voltage, and a jumper adjusts the divider to set the output voltage to either 1.2V, 1.5V, 1.8V, 2V, 2.5V, 3.3V, 5V or a voltage that is user-programmed but requires the installation of a resistor. The output uses a 10μF ceramic capacitor and the internal reference is bypassed with a 10nF capacitor to reduce output noise and program the soft-start. There is also a 10nF feedforward capacitor to improve load transient response and decrease noise at higher output voltages. The position of the VOUTEN jumper either pulls up the SHDN pin to the input supply through a 100k resistor, shorts SHDN to ground or floats the SHDN pin so it can be driven directly by a signal applied to the SHDN terminal.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Reference Designs (1)
Intel Stratix 10 FPGA PCIe Development Kit
Intel Stratix 10 FPGA PCIe Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with Intel PSG to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications.
- The validated power solutions include uModules power products that address time and space constraints while delivering high efficiency, reliability, and low noise.
- The actual power tree represents the best solution at time of design.
- A recommended power tree has also been included to present the ideal solution at time of Stratix 10 GX PCIe development kit release. An updated alternate version of the power tree represents the latest solutions available from Analog Devices. For many applications, an intermediate rail is not ideal, so recommendations an alternate power tree that allow for direct power conversion from 12V input is provided below.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.