Features and Benefits
- Dual, Fast, Analog Loops with Digital Interface for Control and Monitoring
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 26.5V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.5V to 5.5V
- ±0.5% Maximum DC Output Error Over Temperature
- ±2.5% Current Readback Accuracy at 10A Load
- 400kHz PMBus-Compliant I2C Serial Interface
- Integrated 16-Bit ΔΣ ADC
- Supports Telemetry Polling Rates Up to 125Hz
- Constant Frequency Current Mode Control
- Parallel and Current Share Multiple Modules
- All 7-Bit Slave Addresses Supported
- Pin-Compatible to Dual 18A LTM4677
- 16mm × 16mm × 5.01mm BGA Package
- Input and Output Voltages, Currents, and Temperatures
- Running Peak Values, Uptime, Faults and Warnings
- Onboard EEPROM Fault Log Record with ECC
Writable Data and Configurable Parameters:
- Output Voltage, Voltage Sequencing and Margining
- Digital Soft-Start/Stop Ramp
- OV/UV/OT, UVLO, Frequency and Phasing
The LTM4676A is a dual 13A or single 26A step-down µModule® (micromodule) DC/DC regulator with 40ms turn-on time. It features remote configurability and telemetry-monitoring of power management parameters over PMBus— an open standard I2C-based digital interface protocol . The LTM4676A is comprised of fast analog control loops, precision mixed-signal circuitry, EEPROM, power MOSFETs, inductors and supporting components.
The LTM4676A’s 2-wire serial interface allows outputs to be margined, tuned and ramped up and down at programmable slew rates with sequencing delay times. Input and output currents and voltages, output power, temperatures, uptime and peak values are readable. At start-up, output voltages, switching frequency, and channel phase angle assignments can be set by pin-strapping resistors. The LTpowerPlay™ GUI and DC1613 USB-to-PMBus converter and demo kits are available.
The LTM4676A is pin-compatible and the improved performance version of the LTM4676.
|Part Number||Turn-on Start-up Time (MAX) (ms)||VIN Range (V)||VOUT Range (V)||Pin-compatible|
|LTM4676||170||4.5 to 26.5||0.5V to 4 (CH0)
0.5 to 5.5 (Both CH)
|LTM4676A||70||4.5 to 17||0.5 to 5.5 (Both CH)|
- System Optimization, Characterization and Data Mining in Prototype, Production and Field Environments
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (6)
Demonstration circuit 1811B-B is a dual-output, high efficiency, high density, µModule® regulator with 4.5V to 26.5V input range. Each output can supply 13A maximum load current. The demo board has a LTM4676A µModule regulator, which is a dual 13A or single 26A step-down regulator with PMBus power system management. Please see LTM4676A data sheet for more detailed information.
The DC1811B-B powers up to default settings and produces power based on configuration resistors without the need for any serial bus communication. This allows easy evaluation of the DC/DC converter. To fully explore the extensive power system management features of the part, download the GUI software LTpowerPlay® onto your PC and use ADI’s I2C/SMBus/PMBus dongle DC1613A to connect to the board. LTpowerPlay allows the user to reconfigure the part on-the-fly and store the configuration in EEPROM, view telemetry of voltage, current, temperature and fault status.
Demonstration circuit 1989B-C is a high efficiency, high density, μModule regulator with 4.5V to 17V input range. The output voltage is adjustable from 0.5V to 4V, and it can supply 100A maximum load current. The demo board has four LTM4676A μModule regulators. The LTM4676A is a dual 13A or single 26A step-down regulator with PMBus power system management. Please see LTM4676A data sheet for more detailed information.
Demonstration circuit 1989B-B is a high efficiency, high density, μModule regulator with 4.5V to 17V input range. The output voltage is adjustable from 0.5V to 4V, and it can supply 75A maximum load current. The demo board has three LTM4676A μModule regulators, and the LTM4676A is a dual 13A or single 26A step-down regulator with PMBus power system management. Please see LTM4676A data sheet for more detailed information.
Demonstration circuit 2204B is a very compact demo board that showcases five different devices – LTM4675, LTM4676A, LTM4677, LTM4620A and LTC2974. These devices cover various product lines including DC/DC μModule® regulator with digital power system management (LTM4675, LTM4676A and LTM4677), high current analog DC/DC μModule regulator (LTM4620A) and I2C/SMBus/PMBus power system managers with EEPROM (LTC2974). Please see data sheets for more detailed information.
Demonstration circuit 1989B-A is a high efficiency, high density, μModule regulator with 4.5V to 17V input range. The output voltage is adjustable from 0.5V to 4V, and it can supply 50A maximum load current. The demo board has two LTM4676A μModule regulators, and the LTM4676A is a dual 13A or single 26A step-down regulator with PMBus power system management. Please see LTM4676A data sheet for more detailed information.
Demonstration circuit 2106B-B is a high efficiency, high density, paralleled, multi-chip μModule regulator solution with a 4.5V to 16V input range and 130A of output current. The output voltage (1V default value) is adjustable from 0.5V to 1.8V. The demo board has 1× LTM4676A acting as the master controller, and 3× LTM4630 μModule slave controllers. All devices having their outputs paralleled to provide 130A of current. Please see the LTM4676A and LTM4630 data sheets for more detailed information.
Application Notes (7)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
To open the project file for this circuit:
Step 1: Download and install LTpowerCAD on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link(s) in the section below to download part-specific project files.
Step 3: If the project file doesn't run, right-click the link and select "Save Target As." Then start the LTpowerCAD tool and open the project file by selecing "Open Project" from the "File" menu.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
ZCU104Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU104 Paper Reference Design
ZCU104Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU104 Paper Reference Design
Features & Benefits
- The ZCU104 Evaluation Kit enables designers to jumpstart designs for embedded vision applications such as surveillance, Advanced Driver Assisted Systems (ADAS), machine vision, Augmented Reality (AR), drones and medical imaging.
- The ADI Power delivery solutions support multiple reference designs using DC/DC module and monolithic solutions. ADI offers several options for powering the Zu7 FPGA.
- Our module-based solutions combine a small footprint, while maximizing efficiency and tight regulation. Our monolithic based solutions support a lower cost optimized power delivery solution for mass production.
- ADI provides supporting documentation to enable you to validate the power solution for your application seamlessly.
- For a complete list power designs and use cases, please contact your local FAE.
- Please refer to the circuit descriptions below that best support your design.
LTM4676A Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
Product Selector Card (3)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.