Features and Benefits
- 8-Channel Independent Step-Down DC/DCs
- Master-Slave Configurable for Up to 4A Per Output Channel with a Single Inductor
- Independent VIN Supply for Each DC/DC (2.25V to 5.5V)
- All DC/DCs Have 0.425V to VIN Output Voltage Range
- Precision Enable Pin Thresholds for Autonomous Sequencing (or I2C Control)
- 1MHz to 3MHz Programmable/Synchronizable Oscillator Frequency (2MHz Default)
- I2C Selectable Phasing (90° Steps) Per Channel
- Programmable Power-On Reset/Watch Dog/Pushbutton Timing
- Die Temperature Monitor Output
- 48-Lead (7mm × 7mm) QFN Package
The LTC3375 is a digitally programmable high efficiency multioutput power supply IC. The DC/DCs consist of eight synchronous buck converters (IOUT up to 1A each) all powered from independent 2.25V to 5.5V input supplies.
DC/DC enables, output voltages, operating modes, and phasing may all be independently programmed over I2C or used in standalone mode via simple I/O with power-up defaults. The DC/DCs may be used independently or in parallel to achieve higher output currents of up to 4A per output with a shared inductor. Alarm levels for high die temperature may also be programmed via I2C with a maskable IRQ output for monitoring DC/DC and system faults.
Pushbutton ON/OFF/RESET control, power-on reset, and a watchdog timer provide flexible and reliable power-up sequencing and system monitoring. The LTC3375 is available in a low profile 48-lead 7mm × 7mm QFN package.
- General Purpose Multichannel Power Supplies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 1921A is a digitally programmable 8-output power supply with a pushbutton controller and watchdog timer, featuring the LTC3375. The LTC3375 has eight synchronous buck regulators, each with an independent VIN supply. The buck regulators may be paralleled together to create a higher power buck regulator with a single inductor. The input range of the LTC3375 is ideal for single cell Li-Ion/Polymer battery applications. The switching regulator settings, such as enables, feedback voltages, operating modes, phasing and other functions, can be controlled via I2C. The buck regulators can also be enabled via external precision threshold enable pins to allow hardwired power-up sequences.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Reference Designs (1)
NXP NOVPED iMX6 QP Development Board
NXP NOVPED iMX6 QP Development Board
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
LTC3375 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.