Features and Benefits
- Optimized for Fast Transient Response
- Output Current: 3A
- Dropout Voltage: 340mV at 3A
- Low Noise: 40µVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- 1mA Quiescent Current
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 20V
- No Protection Diodes Needed
- Controlled Quiescent Current in Dropout
- Fixed Output Voltages: 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V
- Adjustable Output from 1.21V to 20V
- <1µA Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Stable with 10µF Output Capacitor
- Reverse Battery Protection
- No Reverse Current
- Thermal Limiting
- Available in 5-Lead TO-220, DD and 16-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LT1764 is a low dropout regulator optimized for fast transient response. The device is capable of supplying 3A of output current with a dropout voltage of 340mV. Operating quiescent current is 1mA, dropping to <1µA in shutdown. Quiescent current is well controlled; it does not rise in dropout as it does with many other regulators. In addition to fast transient response, the LT1764 has very low output voltage noise which makes the device ideal for sensitive RF supply applications.
Output voltage range is from 1.21V to 20V. The LT1764 regulators are stable with output capacitors as low as 10µF. Internal protection circuitry includes reverse battery protection, current limiting, thermal limiting and reverse current protection. The device is available in fixed output voltages of 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and as an adjustable device with a 1.21V reference voltage. The LT1764 regulators are available in 5-lead TO-220, DD and Exposed Pad 16-lead TSSOP packages.
|LT1764A||Stable With Ceramic Output Capacitors|
- 3.3V to 2.5V Logic Power Supply
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
Altera Stratix IV E FPGA Development Kit
Altera Stratix IV E FPGA Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.