Features and Benefits
- Optimized for Fast Transient Response
- Output Current: 1.5A
- Dropout Voltage: 340mV
- Low Noise: 40μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- 1mA Quiescent Current
- No Protection Diodes Needed
- Controlled Quiescent Current in Dropout
- Fixed Output Voltages: 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V
- Adjustable Output from 1.21V to 20V
- <1μA Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Stable with 10μF Output Capacitor
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Reverse Battery Protection
- No Reverse Current
- Thermal Limiting
- 5-Lead TO-220, DD, 3-Lead SOT-223 and 8-Lead SO Packages
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LT1963A series are low dropout regulators optimized for fast transient response. The devices are capable of supplying 1.5A of output current with a dropout voltage of 340mV. Operating quiescent current is 1mA, dropping to <1μA in shutdown. Quiescent current is well controlled; it does not rise in dropout as it does with many other regulators. In addition to fast transient response, the LT1963A regulators have very low output noise which makes them ideal for sensitive RF supply applications.
Output voltage range is from 1.21V to 20V. The LT1963A regulators are stable with output capacitors as low as 10μF. Internal protection circuitry includes reverse battery protection, current limiting, thermal limiting and reverse current protection. The devices are available in fixed output voltages of 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and as an adjustable device with a 1.21V reference voltage. The LT1963A regulators are available in 5-lead TO-220, DD, 3‑lead SOT-223, 8-lead SO and 16-lead TSSOP packages.
|LT1963A||Stable With Ceramic Output Capacitors|
- 3.3V to 2.5V Logic Power Supplies
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
Terasic DE4 Development and Education Board
Terasic DE4 Development and Education Board
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
LT1963A Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (3)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.