Features and Benefits
- 1.8 V analog supply operation
- 1.8 V CMOS or LVDS outputs
- SNR = 71.2 dBFS at 70 MHz
- SFDR = 93 dBc at 70 MHz
- Low power: 101 mW/channel at 125 MSPS
- Differential analog input with 650 MHz bandwidth
- IF sampling frequencies to
- On-chip voltage reference and sample-and-hold circuit
- 2 V p-p differential analog input
- DNL = ±0.25 LSB
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD9628 is a monolithic, dual-channel, 1.8 V supply, 12-bit, 125 MSPS/105 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC). It features a high performance sample-and-hold circuit and on-chip voltage reference.
The product uses multistage differential pipeline architecture with output error correction logic to provide 12-bit accuracy at 125 MSPS data rates and to guarantee no missing codes over the full operating temperature range.
The ADC contains several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable clock and data alignment and programmable digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
A differential clock input controls all internal conversion cycles. An optional duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for wide variations in the clock duty cycle while maintaining excellent overall ADC performance.
The digital output data is presented in offset binary, Gray code, or twos complement format. A data output clock (DCO) is provided for each ADC channel to ensure proper latch timing with receiving logic. 1.8 V CMOS or LVDS output logic levels are supported. Output data can also be multiplexed onto a single output bus.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers
- GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE, CDMA2000, WIMAX, TD-SCDMA
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- Broadband data applications
- Battery-powered instruments
- Hand-held scope meters
- Portable medical imaging
- The AD9628 operates from a single 1.8 V analog power supply and features a separate digital output driver supply to accommodate 1.8 V CMOS or LVDS logic families.
- The patented sample-and-hold circuit maintains excellent performance for input frequencies up to 200 MHz and is designed for low cost, low power, and ease of use.
- A standard serial port interface supports various product features and functions, such as data output formatting, internal clock divider, power-down, DCO/data timing and offset adjustments.
- The AD9628 is packaged in a 64-lead RoHS-compliant LFCSP that is pin compatible with the AD9650/AD9269/ AD9268 16-bit ADC, the AD9258/AD9251/AD9648 14-bit ADCs, the AD9231 12-bit ADC, and the AD9608/AD9204 10-bit ADCs, enabling a simple migration path between 10-bit and 16-bit converters sampling from 20MSPS to 125MSPS.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9650, AD9268, AD9258, AD9251, AD9231, AD9204, AD9269, and AD6659 evaluation board, which provides all of the support circuitry required to operate these parts in their various modes and configurations. The application software used to interface with the devices is also described.
The AD9650, AD9268, AD9258, AD9251, AD9231, AD9204, AD9269, and AD6659 data sheets provide additional information and should be consulted when using the evaluation board. All documents and software tools are available at www.analog.com/fifo. For additional information or questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9650/AD9268/AD9258/AD9251/AD9231/AD9204/AD9269/AD6659
- SPI interface for setup and control
- External, on-board oscillator, or AD9517 clocking options
- Balun/transformer or amplifier input drive options
- LDO regulator or switching power supply options
- VisualAnalog® and SPI controller software interfaces
Application Notes (13)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD9628 IBIS Model
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
AD9628 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter performance: AD9510, AD9511, AD9512, AD9513, AD9514, AD9515.
- For low jitter performance along with on chip PLL and VCO: AD9523, AD9523-1, AD9524.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.