Features and Benefits
- 1.8 V analog supply operation
- 1.8 V to 3.3 V output supply
61.3 dBFS at 9.7 MHz input
61.0 dBFS at 200 MHz input
75 dBc at 9.7 MHz input
73 dBc at 200 MHz input
- Low power
30 mW per channel at 20 MSPS
63 mW per channel at 80 MSPS
- Integral Nonlinearity Error: 0.5 LSB
- Differential Nonlinearity Error: 0.3 LSB
- 70 dB SNR and 86 dB SFDR
- Out-of-Range Indicator
- 28-SOIC and 28-SSOP
The AD9204 is a monolithic, dual-channel, 1.8 V supply, 10-bit, 20 MSPS/40 MSPS/65 MSPS/80 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC). It features a high performance sample-and-hold circuit and on-chip voltage reference.
The product uses multistage differential pipeline architecture with output error correction logic to provide 10-bit accuracy at 80 MSPS data rates and to guarantee no missing codes over the full operating temperature range.
The ADC contains several features designed to maximize flexibility and minimize system cost, such as programmable clock and data alignment and programmable digital test pattern generation. The available digital test patterns include built-in deterministic and pseudorandom patterns, along with custom user-defined test patterns entered via the serial port interface (SPI).
A differential clock input controls all internal conversion cycles. An optional duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for wide variations in the clock duty cycle while maintaining excellent overall ADC performance.
The digital output data is presented in offset binary, gray code, or twos complement format. A data output clock (DCO) is provided for each ADC channel to ensure proper latch timing with receiving logic. Both 1.8 V and 3.3 V CMOS levels are supported and output data can be multiplexed onto a single output bus.
The AD9204 is available in a 64-lead RoHS compliant LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range (−40°C to +85°C).
- The AD9204 operates from a single 1.8 V analog power supply and features a separate digital output driver supply to accommodate 1.8 V to 3.3 V logic families.
- The patented sample-and-hold circuit maintains excellent performance for input frequencies up to 200 MHz and is designed for low cost, low power, and ease of use.
- A standard serial port interface supports various product features and functions, such as data output formatting, internal clock divider, power-down, DCO/DATA timing and offset adjustments, and voltage reference modes.
- The AD9204 is packaged in a 64-lead RoHS compliant LFCSP that is pin compatible with the AD9268 16-bit ADC, the AD9251 and AD9258 14-bit ADCs, and the AD9231 12-bit ADC, enabling a simple migration path between 10-bit and 16-bit converters sampling from 20 MSPS to 125 MSPS.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE, CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- Battery-powered instruments
- Handheld scope meters
- PET/SPECT imaging
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9204.
The AD9204-80EBZ is an evaluation board for the AD9204, dual 10-bit ADC. This reference design provides all of the support circuitry to operate devices in their various modes and configurations. It is designed to interface directly with the HSC-ADC-EVALCZ data capture card, allowing users to download captured data for analysis. The Visual Analog software package, which is used to interface with the device's hardware, allows users to download captured data for analysis with a user-friendly graphical interface. The SPI controller software package is also compatible with this hardware and allows the user to access the SPI programmable features of the AD9204.
The AD9204 data sheet provides additional information related to device configuration and performance and should be consulted when using these tools. All documents and Visual Analog and SPI Controller are available at the High Speed ADC Evaluation Boards page. For additional information or questions, please email email@example.com.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9650/AD9268/AD9258/AD9251/AD9231/AD9204/AD9269/AD6659
- SPI interface for setup and control
- External, on-board oscillator, or AD9517 clocking options
- Balun/transformer or amplifier input drive options
- LDO regulator or switching power supply options
- VisualAnalog® and SPI controller software interfaces
Application Notes (8)
Tools & Simulations
AD9204 IBIS Models
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
AD9204 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.