- Input supply voltage range: 2.85 V to 5.5 V
- Generates well regulated, independently resistor programmable VPOS and VNEG outputs
- Boost regulator to generate VPOS output
- Adjustable positive output to 35 V
- Integrated 1.0 A main switch
- Inverting regulator to generate VNEG output
- Adjustable negative output to −30 V
- Integrated 0.6 A main switch
- 1.2 MHz/2.4 MHz switching frequency with optional external frequency synchronization from 1.0 MHz to 2.6 MHz
- Resistor programmable soft start timer
- Slew rate control for lower system noise
- Individual precision enable and flexible start-up sequence control for symmetric start, VPOS first, or VNEG first
- Out of phase operation
- UVLO, OCP, OVP, and TSD protection
- 1.61 mm × 2.18 mm, 20-ball WLCSP
- −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range
The ADP5072 is a dual, high performance dc-to-dc regulator that generates independently regulated positive and negative rails.
The input voltage range of 2.85 V to 5.5 V supports a wide variety of applications. The integrated main switch in both regulators enables generation of an adjustable positive output voltage up to 35 V and a negative output voltage down to −30 V.
The ADP5072 operates at a pin selected 1.2 MHz or 2.4 MHz switching frequency. The ADP5072 can synchronize with an external oscillator from 1.0 MHz to 2.6 MHz to ease noise filtering in sensitive applications. Both regulators implement programmable slew rate control circuitry for the MOSFET driver stage to reduce electromagnetic interference (EMI). Flexible start-up sequencing is provided with the options of manual enable, simultaneous mode, positive supply first, and negative supply first.
The ADP5072 includes a fixed internal or resistor programmable soft start timer to prevent inrush current at power-up.
Other key safety features in the ADP5072 include overcurrent protection (OCP), overvoltage protection (OVP), thermal shutdown (TSD), and input undervoltage lockout (UVLO).
The ADP5072 is available in a 20-ball WLCSP and is rated for a −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.
- Bipolar amplifiers, analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), and multiplexers
- Charge coupled device (CCD) bias supplies
- Optical module supplies
- RF power amplifier bias
- Time of flight module supplies
The ADP5072CB-EVALZ evaluation board demonstrates the functionality of the ADP5072 dc to dc converter. The ADP5072 is a dual high performance dc to dc regulator that generates independently regulated positive and negative rails.
Use the board to evaluate simple device measurements, such as line regulation, load regulation, and efficiency. Device features can be demonstrated, such as selectable operating frequency, soft start, sequencing, and slew rate control.
For more details about the ADP5072, refer to the ADP5072 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
- Input supply voltage range: 3 V to 5.5 V
- Output voltage: ±15 V
- Output current: up to 190 mA (VPOS), up to 90 mA (VNEG), depending on VIN
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.