Features and Benefits
- Ultralow system power
- Flexible power/throughput rate management
- Programmable ALERT interrupt pin
- High performance
- 1 MSPS throughput with no latency/pipeline delay
- SNR: 70 dB typical at 10 kHz input frequency
- THD: −80 dB typical at 10 kHz input frequency
- INL: ±0.7 LSB typical, ±1.0 LSB maximum
- Small system footprint
- On-chip accurate 2.5 V reference, 5 ppm/°C typical drift
- MUXOUT/ADCIN to allow single buffer amplifier
- Daisy-chain mode
- 16-lead, 20-lead, and
24-lead 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP packages
- 16-lead, 20-lead, and
24-lead TSSOP packages
- See data sheet for additional features.
The AD7091R-2/AD7091R-4/AD7091R-8 family is a multichannel 12-bit, ultralow power, successive approximation analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that is available in two, four, or eight analog input channel options. The AD7091R-2/AD7091R-4/ AD7091R-8 operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.25 V power supply and are capable of achieving a sampling rate of 1 MSPS.
The AD7091R-2/AD7091R-4/AD7091R-8 family offers up to eight single-ended analog input channels with a channel sequencer that allows a preprogrammed selection of channels to be converted sequentially. The AD7091R-2/AD7091R-4/ AD7091R-8 also feature an on-chip conversion clock, an on-chip accurate 2.5 V reference, and a high speed serial interface.
The AD7091R-2/AD7091R-4/AD7091R-8 have a serial port interface (SPI) that allows data to be read after the conversion while achieving a 1 MSPS throughput rate. The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using the CONVST pin.
The AD7091R-2/AD7091R-4/AD7091R-8 use advanced design techniques to achieve ultralow power dissipation at high throughput rates. They also feature flexible power management options. An on-chip configuration register allows the user to set up different operating conditions. These include power management, alert functionality, busy indication, channel sequencing, and general-purpose output pins. The MUXOUT and ADCIN pins allow signal conditioning of the multiplexer output prior to acquisition by the ADC.
- Battery powered systems
- Personal digital assistants
- Medical instruments
- Mobile communications
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Data acquisition systems
- Optical sensors
- Diagnostic/monitoring functions
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7091R-2SDZ, EVAL-AD7091R-4SDZ, and EVAL-AD7091R-8SDZ are full featured evaluation boards designed to allow the user to easily evaluate all features of the AD7091R-2/ AD7091R-4/ AD7091R-8 family of analog-to-digital converters (ADCs). The evaluation board can be controlled via the SDP connector (J13). The SDP board ( EVAL-SDP-CB1Z) allows the evaluation board to be controlled through the USB port of a PC using the evaluation board software available for download from the product page.
On-board components include: the AD8031 high speed precision rail-to-rail op amp, the AD8032 high speed precision rail-to-rail dual op amp, the ADP3303 high accuracy 200 mA low dropout linear regulator, and the REF193 3.0 volt precision micropower, low dropout, low voltage reference.
- EVAL-SDP-CB1Z (must be ordered separately) includes a USB cable
- Signal source
- PC running Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 with USB 2.0 port
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD7091R-2/AD7091R-4/AD7091R-8 family
- On-board power supplies
- Standalone capability
- System demonstration platform (SDP) compatible ( EVAL-SDP-CB1Z)
- PC software for control and data analysis (download from product page)
Tools & Simulations
AD7091R-8 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For precision, low power, rail-to-rail output: ADA4841-1, ADA4896-2, AD8031.
- For low frequency and low bias current: ADA4627-1, ADA4637-1, AD8610.
- For high frequency, low noise, low distortion: ADA4899-1, ADA4897-1, AD8021.
Recommended External References
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.