Features and Benefits
- SNR = 69.6 dBFS at 185 MHz fIN and 250 MSPS
- SFDR = 86 dBc at 185 MHz fIN and 250 MSPS
- −149.9 dBFS/Hz input noise at 185 MHz, −1 dBFS AIN and 250 MSPS
- Total power consumption: 770 mW at 250 MSPS
- 1.8 V supply voltages
- LVDS (ANSI-644 levels) outputs
- Integer 1-to-8 input clock divider (625 MHz maximum input)
- Sample rates of up to 250 MSPS
- IF sampling frequencies of up to 400 MHz
- Internal ADC voltage reference
- Flexible analog input range
- 1.4 V p-p to 2.0 V p-p (1.75 V p-p nominal)
- ADC clock duty cycle stabilizer
- 95 dB channel isolation/crosstalk
- Serial port control
- Energy-saving power-down modes
The AD9613 is a dual 12-bit, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with sampling speeds up to 250 MSPS. The AD9613 is designed to support communications applications where low cost, small size, wide bandwidth and versatility are desired.
The dual ADC core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. Each ADC features wide bandwidth inputs supporting a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance.
The ADC output data are routed directly to the two external 12- bit LVDS output ports and formatted either as interleaved or channel multiplexed.
Flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired.
Programming for setup and control are accomplished using a 3- wire SPI-compatible serial interface.
The AD9613 is available in a 64-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Integrated dual, 12-bit, 170 MSPS/210 MSPS/250 MSPS ADCs.
- Fast overrange and threshold detect.
- Proprietary differential input maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies up to 400 MHz.
- SYNC input allows synchronization of multiple devices.
- 3-pin, 1.8V SPI port for register programming and register readback.
- Pin compatibility with the AD9643, allowing a simple migration up to 14 bits, and with the AD6649 and the AD6643.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G)
- TD-SCDMA, WiMax, WCDMA, CDMA2000, GSM, EDGE, LTE
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- General-purpose software radios
- Ultrasound equipment
- Broadband data applications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9613.
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9643.
Application Notes (17)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD9613 IBIS Model
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
AD9613 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter performance along with on chip PLL and VCO: AD9523, AD9523-1, AD9524.
- For low jitter performance: AD9510, AD9511, AD9512, AD9513, AD9514, AD9515.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
3rd Party Solutions (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.