400 MHz TO 6000 MHz Quadrature Demodulator
The ADL5380 is a broadband quadrature I-Q demodulator that covers an RF/IF input frequency range from 400 MHz to 6 GHz. With a NF = 10.9 dB, IP1dB = 11.6 dBm, and IIP3 = 29.7 dBm @ 900 MHz, the ADL5380 demodulator offers outstanding dynamic range suitable for the demanding infrastructure direct-conversion requirements. The differential RF inputs provide a well-behaved broadband input impedance of 50 Ω and are best driven from a 1:1 balun for optimum performance.
Excellent demodulation accuracy is achieved with amplitude and phase balances of ~0.07 dB and ~0.2°, respectively. The demodulated in-phase (I) and quadrature (Q) differential outputs are fully buffered and provide a voltage conversion gain of ~7 dB. The buffered baseband outputs are capable of driving a 2 V p-p differential signal into 200 Ω.
The fully balanced design minimizes effects from second-order distortion. The leakage from the LO port to the RF port is <−50 dBm. Differential dc offsets at the I and Q outputs are typically <20 mV. Both of these factors contribute to the excellent IIP2 specification, which is >65 dBm.
The ADL5380 operates off a single 4.75 V to 5.25 V supply. The supply current is adjustable by placing an external resistor from the ADJ pin to either the positive supply, VS, (to increase supply current and improve IIP3) or to ground (which decreases supply current at the expense of IIP3).
The ADL5380 is fabricated using the Analog Devices, Inc., advanced silicon-germanium bipolar process and is available in a 24-lead exposed paddle LFCSP.
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Recommended Baseband Driver Amplifiers
- For selectable gains of 1, 2 or 3 , we recommend the ADA4950-1 or the ADA4950-2 .
- For a digital programmable VGA , we recommend the AD8366 .
- For a differential RF/IF amplifier , we recommend the ADL5562 or the ADL5565 .
- For low noise drivers in low voltage (1.8V) ADC applications , we recommend the ADA4930-1 or the ADA4930-2 .
- For variable gain and programmable baseband filters , we recommend the ADRF6510 or the ADRF6516 .
Recommended Dual Analog-to-Digital Converters
- For 12-bit performance, low power, low cost and ease of use , we recommend the AD9231 .
- For 14-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate , we recommend the AD9258 or the AD9251 .
- For 16-bit performance, continuous time sigma delta architecture with integrated QEC , we recommend the AD9262 .
- For 16-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate , we recommend the AD9268 or the AD9650 .
- For 16-bit performance, multistage differential pipeline architecture with integrated quadrature error correction (QEC) , we recommend the AD9269 .
Recommended Low-Noise Voltage Regulators
- For a fixed 5V, 500mA low dropout regulator with reverse current protection , we recommend the ADP7104 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Most Helpful Review
Most Recent Review
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.