Features and Benefits
- RF output frequency range: 51.5625 MHz to 6600 MHz
- Fractional-N synthesizer and integer-N synthesizer
- High resolution 38-bit modulus
- Low phase noise, voltage controlled oscillator (VCO)
- Programmable divide by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 output
- All power supplies: 3.3 V
- Logic compatibility: 1.8 V
- Programmable dual modulus prescaler of 4/5 or 8/9
- Programmable output power level
- RF output mute function
- 3-wire serial interface
- Analog and digital lock detect
The ADF4355-3 allows the implementation of fractional-N or integer-N phase-locked loop (PLL) frequency synthesizers when used with an external loop filter and an external reference frequency. A series of frequency dividers at the output provide operation from 51.5625 MHz to 6600 MHz.
The ADF4355-3 has an integrated VCO with a fundamental output frequency ranging from 3300 MHz to 6600 MHz. In addition, the VCO frequency is connected to divide by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 circuits that allow the user to generate RF output frequencies as low as 51.5625 MHz. For applications that require isolation, the RF output stage can be muted. The mute function is both pin- and software-controllable.
Control of all on-chip registers is through a simple 3-wire interface. The ADF4355-3 operates with analog, digital, charge pump, and VCO power supplies ranging from 3.1515 V to 3.4485 V. The ADF4355-3 also contains hardware and software power-down modes.
- Wireless infrastructure (W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, GSM, PCS, DCS, DECT)
- Point to point/point to multipoint microwave links
- Test equipment/instrumentation
- Clock generation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EV-ADF4355-3SD1Z evaluates the performance of the ADF4355-3 frequency synthesizer with integrated VCO for phase-locked loops (PLLs). A photograph of the evaluation board is shown in Figure 1. The evaluation board contains the ADF4355-3 frequency synthesizer with integrated VCO, a differential 122.88 MHz reference (TCXO), a loop filter, a USB interface, power supply connectors, and subminiature Version A (SMA) connectors. A USB cable is included to connect the board to a PC USB port.
For easy programming of the sypnthesizer, download the Windows-based software from www.analog.com/ADF4355-3.
This board requires an SDP-S (shown in Figure 1, but not supplied with the kit). The SDP-S allows software programming of the EV-ADF4355-3SD1Z device.
This evaluation board requires an SDP Controller board for connection to the PC. The SDP controller board connects to the PC via USB 2.0. The evaluation board will connect to the SDP controller board. The evaluation board cannot be connected directly to the PC. The evaluation software running on the PC will communicate through the SDP Controller board, to the evaluation board. The SDP Controller board is a separate list item in the ordering guide below (EVAL-SDP-CS1Z). If you have not previously purchased an SDP Controller board, please do so to ensure a full evaluation setup.
Features & Benefits
- Self contained board, including ADF4355-3 frequency synthesizer with integrated VCO, differential 122.88 MHz temperature controlled crystal oscillator (TCXO), loop filter (35 kHz), USB interface, and voltage regulators
- Windows®-based software allows control of synthesizer functions from a PC
- Externally powered by 6 V
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.