Features and Benefits
- Gain: 14 dB typical
- Operational frequency range: 0.01 GHz to 10 GHz
- Input/output internally matched to 50 Ω
- High input linearity
- 1 dB compression (P1dB): 20 dBm typical
- Output third-order intercept (IP3): 33 dBm typical
- Supply voltage: 5 V typical
- 2 mm × 2 mm, 6-lead lead frame chip scale package
HMC788A-EP supports defense and aerospace applications (AQEC standard)
- Download the HMC788A-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Extended industrial temperature range: −55°C to +105°C
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
The HMC788A is a 0.01 GHz to 10 GHz, gain block, monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC) amplifier using gallium arsenide (GaAs), pseudomorphic high electron mobility transistor (pHEMT) technology.
This 2 mm × 2 mm LFCSP amplifier can be used as either a cascadable 50 Ω gain stage, or to drive the local oscillator (LO) port of many of the single and double balanced mixers from Analog Devices, Inc. with up to 20 dBm output power.
The HMC788A offers 14 dB of gain and an output IP3 of 33 dBm while requiring only 76 mA from a 5 V supply. The Darlington feedback pair exhibits reduced sensitivity to normal process variations and yields excellent gain stability over temperature while requiring a minimal number of external bias components.
- Cellular, 3G, LTE, WiMAX, and 4G
- LO driver applications
- Microwave radio
- Test and measurement equipment
- Ultra wideband (UWB) communications
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Quality Documentation (1)
Tape & Reel Specification (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.