Features and Benefits
- 2300MHz to 4000MHz RF Frequency Range
- 2600MHz to 4300MHz LO Frequency Range
- 50MHz to 500MHz IF Frequency Range
- 7.7dB Conversion Loss
- 8.5dB Noise Figure
- +32.5dBm Typical Input IP3
- 21dBm Typical Input 1dB Compression Point
- 68dBc Typical 2RF - 2LO Spurious Rejection at PRF = -10dBm
- Integrated LO Buffer
- Integrated RF and LO Baluns for Single-Ended Inputs
- Low -3dBm to +3dBm LO Drive
- Pin Similar with the MAX2029/MAX2031 Series of 650MHz to 1000MHz Mixers and the MAX2039/MAX2041/MAX2042 Series of 1700MHz to 3000MHz Mixers
- Single 5.0V or 3.3V Supply
- External Current-Setting Resistor Provides Option for Operating Device in Reduced-Power/Reduced-Performance Mode
The MAX2044 single, high-linearity upconversion/downconversion mixer provides +32.5dBm input IP3, 8.5dB noise figure, and 7.7dB conversion loss for 2300MHz to 4000MHz LTE, WiMAX™, and MMDS wireless infrastructure applications. With an ultra-wide LO frequency range of 2600MHz to 4300MHz, the MAX2044 can be used in either low-side or high-side LO injection architectures for virtually all 2.5GHz and 3.5GHz applications.
In addition to offering excellent linearity and noise performance, the MAX2044 also yields a high level of component integration. This device includes a double-balanced passive mixer core, an LO buffer, and on-chip baluns that allow for single-ended RF and LO inputs. The MAX2044 requires a nominal LO drive of 0dBm, and supply current is typically 138mA at VCC = 5.0V or 121mA at VCC = 3.3V.
The MAX2044 is pin similar with the MAX2029/MAX2031 650MHz to 1000MHz mixers and the MAX2039/MAX2041/MAX2042 1700MHz to 3000MHz mixers, making this entire family of up/downconverters ideal for applications where a common PCB layout is used for multiple frequency bands.
The MAX2044 is available in a compact 20-pin thin QFN (5mm x 5mm) package with an exposed pad. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- 2.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- 2.7GHz MMDS Base Stations
- 3.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- Military Systems
- Private Mobile Radios
- Wireless Local Loop
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX2044 Companion Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.