Features and Benefits
- Wide-Band Coverage
- 1600MHz to 3900MHz RF Frequency Range
- 1300MHz to 4000MHz LO Frequency Range
- 50MHz to 500MHz IF Frequency Range
- 7.2dB Conversion Loss
- 7.25dB Noise Figure
- High Linearity
- +33dBm Input IP3
- +21.7dBm Input 1dB Compression Point
- 72dBc Typical 2LO - 2RF Spurious Rejection at PRF = -10dBm
- Simple PCB Layout
- Integrated LO Buffer
- Integrated LO and RF Baluns for Single-Ended Inputs
- Low -6dBm to +3dBm LO Drive
- Pin Compatible with the MAX2042 2000MHz to 3000MHz Mixer
- Pin-Similar with the MAX2029/MAX2031/MAX2033 650MHz to 1550MHz Mixers, MAX2039/MAX2041 1700MHz to 3000MHz Mixers, and MAX2044 2300MHz to 4000MHz Mixer
- Single +5.0V or +3.3V Supply
- External Current-Setting Resistor Provides Option for Operating Device in Reduced-Power/Reduced-Performance Mode
The MAX2042A single, high-linearity upconversion/downconversion mixer provides up to +33dBm input IP3, 7.25dB noise figure, and 7.2dB conversion loss for 1600MHz to 3900MHz GSM/EDGE, CDMA, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA, LTE, TD-LTE, WiMAX™, and MMDS wireless infrastructure applications. With an ultra-wide 1300MHz to 4000MHz LO frequency range, the IC can be used in either low-side or high-side LO injection architectures for virtually all 1.7GHz to 3.5GHz applications (for a 2.5GHz variant tuned specifically for low-side LO injection, refer to the MAX2042).
In addition to offering excellent linearity and noise performance, the IC also yields a high level of component integration. This device includes a double-balanced passive mixer core, an LO buffer, and on-chip baluns that allow for single-ended RF and LO inputs. The IC requires a nominal LO drive of 0dBm, and supply current is typically 140mA at VCC = 5.0V or 122mA at VCC = 3.3V.
The MAX2042A is pin compatible with the MAX2042 2000MHz to 3000MHz mixer. The MAX2042A is also pin similar with the MAX2029/MAX2031/MAX2033 650MHz to 1550MHz mixers, the MAX2039/MAX2041 1700MHz to 3000MHz mixers, and the MAX2044 2300MHz to 4000MHz mixer, making the entire family of upconverters/downconverters ideal for applications where a common PCB layout is used for multiple frequency bands.
The MAX2042A is available in a compact, 20-pin TQFN package (5mm x 5mm) with an exposed pad. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended TC = -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- 1.8GHz/1.9GHz GSM/EDGE/CDMA Base Stations
- 2.1GHz WCDMA/LTE Base Stations
- 2.3GHz TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE Base Stations
- 2.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- 2.7GHz MMDS Base Stations
- 3.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- Military Systems
- Private Mobile Radios
- Wireless Local Loop
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.