Features and Benefits
- 815MHz to 995MHz RF Frequency Range
- 960MHz to 1180MHz LO Frequency Range (MAX9986)
- 570MHz to 850MHz LO Frequency Range (MAX9984)
- 50MHz to 250MHz IF Frequency Range
- 10dB Conversion Gain
- +23.6dBm Input IP3
- +12dBm Input 1dB Compression Point
- 9.3dB Noise Figure
- 67dBc 2LO-2RF Spurious Rejection at PRF = -10dBm
- Integrated LO Buffer
- Integrated RF and LO Baluns for Single-Ended Inputs
- Low -3dBm to +3dBm LO Drive
- Built-In SPDT LO Switch with 49dB LO1 to LO2 Isolation and 50ns Switching Time
- Pin Compatible with MAX9994/MAX9996 1700MHz to 2200MHz Mixers
- Functionally Compatible with MAX9993
- External Current-Setting Resistors Provide Option for Operating Mixer in Reduced Power/Reduced Performance Mode
- Lead-Free Package Available
The MAX9986 high-linearity downconversion mixer provides 10dB gain, +23.6dBm IIP3, and 9.3dB NF for 815MHz to 995MHz base-station receiver applications. With a 960MHz to 1180MHz LO frequency range, this particular mixer is ideal for high-side LO injection receiver architectures. Low-side LO injection is supported by the MAX9984, which is pin-for-pin and functionally compatible with the MAX9986.
In addition to offering excellent linearity and noise performance, the MAX9986 also yields a high level of component integration. This device includes a double-balanced passive mixer core, an IF amplifier, a dual-input LO selectable switch, and an LO buffer. On-chip baluns are also integrated to allow for single-ended RF and LO inputs. The MAX9986 requires a nominal LO drive of 0dBm, and supply current is guaranteed to be below 265mA.
The MAX9984/MAX9986 are pin compatible with the MAX9994/MAX9996 1700MHz to 2200MHz mixers, making this entire family of downconverters ideal for applications where a common PC board layout is used for both frequency bands. The MAX9986 is also functionally compatible with the MAX9993.
The MAX9986 is available in a compact, 20-pin, thin QFN package (5mm x 5mm) with an exposed paddle. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- 850MHz WCDMA Base Stations
- cdmaOne™ and cdma2000® Base Stations
- Digital and Spread-Spectrum Communication Systems
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- GSM 850/GSM 900 2G and 2.5G EDGE Base Stations
- iDEN® Base Stations
- Microwave Links
- Military Systems
- Predistortion Receivers
- Private Mobile Radios (PMRs)
- Wireless Local Loop (WLL)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX9986 Reliability Data1/12/202331K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.