Features and Benefits
- 1500MHz to 3000MHz RF Frequency Range
- 1500MHz to 3000MHz LO Frequency Range
- Scalable Power: External Current-Setting Resistors Provide Option for Operating Device in Reduced-Power/Reduced-Performance Mode
- 36-Pin, 6mm x 6mm TQFN Provides High Isolation in a Small Package
- Modulator Operation: (2140MHz):
- Meets Four-Carrier WCDMA 65dBc ACLR
- 23.3dBm Typical OIP3
- 51.5dBm Typical OIP2
- 45.7dBc Typical Sideband Suppression
- -40dBm Typical LO Leakage
- -173.2dBm/Hz Typical Output Noise, Eliminating the Need for an RF Output Filter
- Broadband Baseband Input
- DC-Coupled Input Provides for Direct Launch DAC Interface, Eliminating the Need for Costly I/Q Buffer Amplifiers
- Demodulator Operation (1890MHz):
- 39dBm Typical IIP3
- 58dBm Typical IIP2
- 9.2dB Typical Conversion Loss
- 9.4dB Typical NF
The MAX2022 low-noise, high-linearity, direct conversion quadrature modulator/demodulator is designed for single and multicarrier 1500MHz to 3000MHz UMTS/WCDMA, LTE/TD-LTE, cdma2000®, and DCS/PCS base-station applications. Direct conversion architectures are advantageous since they significantly reduce transmitter or receiver cost, part count, and power consumption as compared to traditional IF-based double conversion systems.
In addition to offering excellent linearity and noise performance, the MAX2022 also yields a high level of component integration. This device includes two matched passive mixers for modulating or demodulating in-phase and quadrature signals, three LO mixer amplifier drivers, and an LO quadrature splitter. On-chip baluns are also integrated to allow for single-ended RF and LO connections. As an added feature, the baseband inputs have been matched to allow for direct interfacing to the transmit DAC, thereby eliminating the need for costly I/Q buffer amplifiers.
The MAX2022 operates from a single +5V supply. It is available in a compact 36-pin TQFN package (6mm x 6mm) with an exposed paddle. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Digital and Spread-Spectrum Communication Systems
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- Microwave Links
- Military Systems
- PHS/PAS Base Stations
- Predistortion Transmitters
- Private Mobile Radios (PMRs)
- Single and Multicarrier cdmaOne™ and cdma2000® Base Stations
- Single and Multicarrier DCS 1800/PCS 1900 EDGE Base Stations
- Single and Multicarrier WCDMA/UMTS, and LTE/TDLTE Base Stations
- Wireless Local Loop (WLL)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX2022 Reliability Data1/12/2023
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.