Features and Benefits
- 2000MHz to 3000MHz RF Frequency Range
- 1800MHz to 2550MHz LO Frequency Range
- 50MHz to 500MHz IF Frequency Range
- 8.7dB Typical Conversion Gain
- 9.6dB Typical Noise Figure
- +24.5dBm Typical Input IP3
- +11dBm Typical Input 1dB Compression Point
- 69dBc Typical 2RF-2LO Spurious Rejection at PRF = -10dBm
- Integrated LO Buffer
- Integrated RF and LO Baluns for Single-Ended Inputs
- Low -3dBm to +3dBm LO Drive
- Pin Compatible with the MAX19996A 2300MHz to 3900MHz Mixer
- Pin Similar with the MAX9993/MAX9994/MAX9996 1700MHz to 2200MHz Mixers and MAX9984/MAX9986 400MHz to 1000MHz Mixers
- Single +5.0V or +3.3V Supply
- External Current-Setting Resistors Provide Option for Operating Device in Reduced-Power/Reduced-Performance Mode
The MAX19996 single, high-linearity downconversion mixer provides 8.7dB conversion gain, +24.5dBm IIP3, and 9.6dB noise figure for 2000MHz to 3000MHz WCS, LTE, WiMAX™, and MMDS wireless infrastructure applications. With an 1800MHz to 2550MHz LO frequency range, this particular mixer is ideal for low-side LO injection receiver architectures. High-side LO injection is supported by the MAX19996A, which is pin-for-pin and functionally compatible with the MAX19996.
In addition to offering excellent linearity and noise performance, the MAX19996 also yields a high level of component integration. This device includes a double-balanced passive mixer core, an IF amplifier, and an LO buffer. On-chip baluns are also integrated to allow for singleended RF and LO inputs. The MAX19996 requires a nominal LO drive of 0dBm, and supply current is typically 230mA at VCC = +5.0V or 149.5mA at VCC = +3.3V.
The MAX19996 is pin compatible with the MAX19996A 2300MHz to 3900MHz mixer. The device is also pin similar with the MAX9984/MAX9986 400MHz to 1000MHz mixers and the MAX9993/MAX9994/MAX9996 1700MHz to 2200MHz mixers, making this entire family of downconverters ideal for applications where a common PCB layout is used for multiple frequency bands.
The MAX19996 is available in a compact 5mm x 5mm, 20-pin thin QFN lead-free package with an exposed pad. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- 2.3GHz WCS Base Stations
- 2.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- 2.7GHz MMDS Base Stations
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- Military Systems
- Private Mobile Radios
- Wireless Local Loop
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX19996 Companion Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.