Features and Benefits
- SNR = 69.7 dBFS at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS
- SFDR = 87 dBc at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS
- −150.6 dBFS/Hz input noise at 185 MHz, −1 dBFS AIN and
- Total Power consumption:
360 @ 250 MSPS
- 1.8 V supply voltages
- LVDS (ANSI-644 levels) outputs
- Integer 1-to-8 input clock divider (625 MHz maximum input)
- Sample rates of up to
- IF sampling frequencies of up to 350 MHz
- Internal ADC voltage reference
- Flexible analog input range
1.4 V p-p to 2.0 V p-p
(1.75 V p-p nominal)
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD9634 is a 12-bit, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with sampling speeds of up to 250 MSPS. The AD9634 is designed to support communications applications where low cost, small size, wide bandwidth, and versatility are desired.
The ADC core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. The ADC features wide bandwidth inputs that can support a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converter to maintain excellent performance.
The ADC output data are routed directly to the external 12-bit LVDS output port.
Flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired.
Programming for setup and control is accomplished using a 3-wire, SPI-compatible serial interface.
The AD9634 is available in a 32-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. This product is protected by a U.S. patent.
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G)
TD-SCDMA, WiMax, WCDMA,
CDMA2000, GSM, EDGE, LTE
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- General-purpose software radios
- Ultrasound equipment
- Broadband data applications
- Integrated 12-bit, 170 MSPS/210 MSPS/250 MSPS ADC.
- Fast overrange and threshold detect.
- Proprietary differential input maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies up to 350 MHz.
- 3-pin, 1.8V SPI port for register programming and readback.
- Pin compatibility with the AD9642, allowing a simple migration up to 14 bits, and with the AD6672.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (3)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9634.
The AD9642, AD9634, and AD6672 evaluation board, which provides all of the support circuitry required to operate the AD9642, AD9634, and AD6672 in their various modes and configurations. The application software used to interface with the devices is also described.
The AD9642, AD9634, and AD6672 data sheets provide additional information and should be consulted when using the evaluation board. All documents and software tools are available at http://www.analog.com/fifo. For additional information or questions, send an email to email@example.com.
The HSC-ADC-EVALCZ high speed converter evaluation platform uses an FPGA based buffer memory board to capture blocks of digital data from the Analog Devices high speed analog-to-digital converter (ADC) evaluation boards. The board is connected to the PC through a USB port and is used with VisualAnalog® to quickly evaluate the performance of high speed ADCs. The evaluation kit is easy to set up. Additional equipment needed includes an Analog Devices high speed ADC evaluation board, a signal source, and a clock source. Once the kit is connected and powered, the evaluation is enabled instantly on the PC.
Features & Benefits
- 64kB FIFO Depth
- Works with single and multi-channel ADCs
- Use with VisualAnalog® software
- Based on Virtex-4 FPGA
- May require adaptor to interface with some ADC eval boards
- Allows programming of SPI control Up to 644 MSPS SDR / 800MSPS DDR Encode Rates on each channel
- DDR Encode Rates on each channel
Application Notes (13)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD9634 IBIS Model
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
AD9634 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter performance: AD9510, AD9511, AD9512, AD9513, AD9514, AD9515.
- For low jitter performance along with on chip PLL and VCO: AD9523, AD9523-1, AD9524.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.