- Complete Boost Switch Mode Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 28V
- Output Voltage Range: 6V to 36V
- 4A Continuous Output Current (12VIN, 24VOUT)
- ±2% Maximum Total Output Voltage Regulation Over Load, Line and Temperature
- Input Disconnect in Shutdown
- Inrush Current Limit
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Programmable Frequency (350kHz to 780kHz)
- Parallel Current Sharing
- Up to 98% Efficiency
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- In-Line Overcurrent Protection
- Overtemperature Protection
- LTM4656-1 Adjustable Compensation Version
- 16mm × 16mm × 7.07mm BGA Package
The LTM4656 is a complete high efficiency boost μModule® (power module) regulator with the switching controller, power FETs, inductor, and all supporting components. Only a few input and output capacitors are needed. Operating over an input voltage range of 4.5V to 28V, the LTM4656 supports an output voltage range of 6V to 36V, set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers up to 5A continuous output current. An in-line protection circuit sets the maximum input current, and will trip off the input power if exceeded and retry (see Typical Applications section on data sheet).
The high density boost design can convert up to 180W of output power.
Fault protection features include overtemperature protection, and overcurrent protection input referred with auto-retry. The μmodule is offered in a space saving and thermally enhanced 16mm × 16mm × 7.07mm BGA package. The LTM4656 is Pb-free and RoHS compliant.
- Telecom and Networking Equipment
- Electronic Test Equipment