- Dual Outputs Each with 2A Output Current
- High Efficiency: 19mΩ NMOS and 75mΩ PMOS
- Wide Bandwidth, Fast Transient Response
- Switching Frequency Synchronizable Up to 3MHz
- VIN Range: 2.25V to 5.5V
- VOUT Range: 0.5V to VIN
- VOUT Accuracy: ±1%
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation
- Peak Current Mode Control
- Minimum On-Time: 25ns
- Safely Tolerates Inductor Saturation in Overload
- Shutdown Current: 1.2µA
- Precision 400mV Enable Thresholds
- Internal Soft-Start and Compensation
- Power Good Output
- Low Profile, Thermally Enhanced 12-Lead 2mm × 2mm × 0.74mm LQFN Package
The LTC3315A features dual 2A monolithic synchronous step-down converters operating from a 2.25V to 5.5V input supply in one package for space-constrained applications with demanding performance requirements. Using constant frequency, peak current mode control at switching frequencies up to 3MHz with a minimum on-time as low as 25ns, both bucks achieve high efficiency and fast transient response in a very small application footprint.
The LTC3315A operates in forced continuous or pulse skip mode for low noise or in Burst Mode® operation for high efficiency at light loads. The common buck switching frequency is 2MHz and can be synchronized to an external oscillator via the MODE/SYNC pin.
The LTC3315A can regulate outputs as low as 500mV. Other features include precision enable thresholds, a PGOOD signal, output overvoltage protection, thermal shutdown, output short-circuit protection, and up to 100% duty cycle operation for low dropout. The LTC3315A is available in a compact 2mm × 2mm LQFN package.
- Servers, Telecom Supplies, Optical Networking
- Distributed DC Power Systems (POL)
- FPGA, ASIC, µP Core Supplies
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.