Features and Benefits
- Easy Drive
- Greatly reduced input kickback
- Input current reduced to 0.5 μA/MSPS
- Enhanced acquisition phase, ≥79% of cycle time at 1 MSPS
- First conversion accurate, no latency or pipeline delay
- Input span compression for single-supply operation
- Fast conversion allows low SPI clock rates
- Input overvoltage clamp protection sinks up to 50 mA
- SPI-/QSPI-/MICROWIRE-/DSP-compatible serial interface
- Greatly reduced input kickback
- High performance
- Pseudo differential analog input range
- 0 V to VREF with VREF from 2.4 V to 5.1 V
- Throughput: 2 MSPS/1 MSPS/500 kSPS options
- INL: ±3.2 LSB maximum
- Guaranteed 18-bit, no missing codes
- Pseudo differential analog input range
- SNR: 95 dB at fIN = 1 kHz at VREF = 5 V
- THD: −125 dB at fIN = 1 kHz, −108 dB at fIN = 100 kHz
- SINAD: 84.5 dB at fIN = 1 MHz (see Figure 17 in data sheet)
- Oversampled dynamic range
- 98 dB for OSR = 2
- 125 dB for OSR = 1024
- Low power
- Single 1.8 V supply operation with 1.71 V to 5.5 V logic interface
- 2.5 mW at 500 kSPS (VDD only)
- 70 μW at 10 kSPS, 14 mW at 2 MSPS (total power)
- 10-lead packages: 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP, 3 mm × 4.90 mm MSOP
- Pin compatible with AD4003/AD4007/AD4011 family
- Guaranteed operation: −40°C to +125°C
The AD4002/AD4006/AD4010 are high accuracy, high speed, low power, 18-bit, Easy Drive, precision successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) that operate from a single power supply, VDD. The reference voltage, VREF, is applied externally and can be set independent of the supply voltage. The AD4002/AD4006/AD4010 power scales linearly with throughput.
Easy Drive features reduce both signal chain complexity and power consumption while enabling higher channel density. The reduced input current, particularly in high-Z mode, coupled with a long signal acquisition phase, eliminates the need for a dedicated ADC driver. Easy Drive broadens the range of companion circuitry that is capable of driving these ADCs (see Figure 2 in the data sheet).
Input span compression eliminates the need to provide a negative supply to the ADC driver amplifier while preserving access to the full ADC code range. The input overvoltage clamp protects the ADC inputs against overvoltage events, minimizing disturbances on the reference pin and eliminating the need for external protection diodes.
Fast device throughput up to 2 MSPS allows users to accurately capture high frequency signals and to implement oversampling techniques to alleviate the challenges associated with antialias filter designs. Decreased serial peripheral interface (SPI) clock rate requirements reduce digital input/output power consumption, broadens digital host options, and simplifies the task of sending data across digital isolation. The SPI-compatible serial user interface is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3 V, and 5 V logic by using the separate VIO logic supply.
- Automated test equipment
- Machine automation
- Medical equipment
- Battery-powered equipment
- Precision data acquisition systems
- Instrumentation and control systems
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
Analog Devices offers two board architectures for evaluation of the ADAF1080.
- The EVAL-ADAF1080SDZ enables the user to simply and quickly achieve precise measurement of magnetic flux density using the high performance of the ADAF1080 and is compatible with the SDP-B controller board. The EVAL-ADAF1080SDZ features the ADAF1080 as a precision field sensor and a graphical user interface (GUI) is available to the user for quick evaluation.
- The EVAL-ADAF1080-3EBZ or EVAL-ADAF1080-6EBZ includes an on-board low dropout (LDO) regulator, multiple ADAF1080 devices, and a summing amplifier to output a single analog voltage. Analog Devices, Inc., offer two versions of this evaluation board. The EVAL-ADAF1080-3EBZ has three sensors for a cost-effective, current-measurement solution, and the EVAL-ADAF1080-6EBZ has six sensors for cases where higher accuracy and resistance to interference is required.
The ADAF1080 is a single-axis, high-precision, low-field magnetic sensor with integrated signal conditioning. The device incorporates a low-field anisotropic magnetoresistive (AMR) sensor with an integrated signal conditioning amplifier, a flip coil with a driver and a calibration coil with a driver for measuring magnetic fields precisely. The ADAF1080 enables, low-noise, wide dynamic range measurement with zero electrical offset, wide bandwidth, and low harmonic distortions with integrated functions.
Features & Benefits
- USB interface
- Software control of the:
- Integrated amplifier gain
- Power-down functionality
- Synchronization with the ADC sampling
- Offset zeroing and sensor reset
- Connector for external access
- Measurement test points
EVAL-ADAF1080-3EBZ or EVAL-ADAF1080-6EBZ
- Contactless current measurement
- ±200 A nominal range
- Up to ±640 A extended range
- Small form factor
- Low noise
- Zero-offset over life and temperature
- Single analog output
- Plug and play
The AD4000/AD4001/AD4002/AD4003/AD4020 family of evaluation boards enable quick, simplified evaluation of the AD4000 family of 16-/18-/20-bit, precision successive approx-imation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs). The AD4000/AD4001/AD4002/AD4003/AD4020 are low power, 16-bit/18-bit/20-bit, precision SAR ADCs that offer high performance with throughputs up to 2 MSPS (1.8 MSPS for the AD4020). The evaluation board demonstrates the performance of the AD4000/AD4001/AD4002/AD4003/AD4020 family of ADCs and provides a simplified interface for a variety of system applications.
The EVAL-AD4000FMCZ/EVAL-AD4001FMCZ/EVAL-AD4002FMCZ/EVAL-AD4003FMCZ/EVAL-AD4020FMCZ evaluation boards, accessible from the EVAL-AD400x-FMCZ product page, are ideal for use with the Analog Devices, Inc., high speed system demonstration platform (SDP-H1). These evaluation boards interface to the SDP-H1 board via a field-programmable gate array (FPGA) mezzanine card (FMC) low pin count (LPC) connector.
On-board components include a high precision buffered band gap 5.0 V reference (ADR4550), a reference buffer (ADA4807-1), a common-mode buffer (ADA4807-1), a signal conditioning circuit with two op amps (ADA4807-1), and a power supply to derive the necessary voltage levels to supply all voltage needs.
The EVAL-AD4000FMCZ, EVAL-AD4001FMCZ, EVAL-AD4002FMCZ, EVAL-AD4003FMCZ, and EVAL-AD4020FMCZ are populated with the AD4000, AD4001, AD4002, AD4003, and AD4020, respectively. However, these boards can be used to evaluate the performance of the AD4004, AD4005, AD4006, AD4007, AD4008, AD4010, AD4011, AD4021, and AD4022 by limiting the sample rate in the evaluation software to the maximum sample rate of the specific ADC. For example, the AD4000 on the EVAL-AD4000FMCZ can be used to evaluate the performance of the AD4004 if the sample rate is limited to 1 MSPS. See the data sheet of each product for the corresponding evaluation board.
Full descriptions of these products are available in their respective data sheets, which must be consulted when using the corresponding evaluation board. Table 7 shows the models of the AD4000/AD4001/AD4002/AD4003/AD4020 evaluation boards.
Features & Benefits
- Fully featured evaluation board for 10-lead precision ADCs
- Versatile analog signal conditioning circuitry
- On-board reference, reference buffers, and ADC drivers
- PC software for control and data analysis of time and frequency domain
- System demonstration platform-compatible (SDP-H1)
Documentation & Resources
Next-Generation SAR ADC Addresses Pain Points of Precision Data Acquisition Signal Chain Design12/1/2016 Analog Dialogue
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Precision ADC Driver Tool
The Precision ADC Driver Tool is a web application that simulates the performance of precision ADC and driver combinations. Potential issues with driver selection, kickback settling, and distortion are flagged, and design tradeoffs can be quickly evaluated. Simulations and calculations include system noise, distortion, and settling of the ADC input
AD4002 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For low input bias current, low noise applications: ADA4610-1.
- For high frequency, low noise, low distortion applications: ADA4897-1, ADA4932-1.
- For precision, lowest power applications: ADA4096-2, ADA4692-2, ADA4077-1, ADA4084-1.
- For precision, low power, low distortion applications: ADA4807-1.
Recommended External Voltage References
Recommended Digital Isolators
Recommended Low Dropout Regulators and Switchers
Recommended MEMS Accelerometers
- For low noise, low drift, low power 3-axis accelerometer: ADXL354.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|AD4002BCPZ-RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||10-Lead LFCSP (3mm x 3mm)|
|AD4002BRMZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||10-Lead MSOP|
|AD4002BRMZ-RL7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||10-Lead MSOP|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.