New Content (1)
Technical ArticlesWhen Good Electrons Go Bad: How to Protect Your Analog Front End
Features and Benefits
- Rail-to-rail input/output
- Low power: 0.625 mA typical per amplifier at ±15 V
- Gain bandwidth product: 15.9 MHz at AV = 100 typical
- Unity-gain crossover: 9.9 MHz typical
- −3 dB closed-loop bandwidth: 13.9 MHz typical at ±15 V
- Low offset voltage: 100 μV maximum (SOIC)
- Unity-gain stable
- High slew rate: 4.6 V/μs typical
- Low noise: 3.9 nV/√Hz typical at 1 kHz
- Long-term offset voltage drift (10,000 hours): 3 μV typical
- Temperature hysteresis: 4 μV typical
The ADA4084-1 (single), ADA4084-2 (dual), and ADA4084-4 (quad) are single-supply, 10 MHz bandwidth amplifiers featuring rail-to-rail inputs and outputs. They are guaranteed to operate from +3 V to +30 V (or ±1.5 V to ±15 V).
These amplifiers are well suited for single-supply applications requiring both ac and precision dc performance. The combination of wide bandwidth, low noise, and precision makes the ADA4084-1/ADA4084-2/ADA4084-4 useful in a wide variety of applications, including filters and instrumentation.
Other applications for these amplifiers include portable telecommunications equipment, power supply control and protection, and use as amplifiers or buffers for transducers with wide output ranges. Sensors requiring a rail-to-rail input amplifier include Hall effect, piezoelectric, and resistive transducers.
The ability to swing rail to rail at both the input and output enables designers to build multistage filters in single-supply systems and to maintain high signal-to-noise ratios.
The ADA4084-1/ADA4084-2/ADA4084-4 are specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
The single ADA4084-1 is available in the 5-lead SOT-23 and 8-lead SOIC; the dual ADA4084-2 is available in the 8-lead SOIC, 8-lead MSOP, and 8-lead LFCSP surface-mount packages; and the ADA4084-4 is offered in the 14-lead TSSOP and 16-lead LFCSP.
The ADA4084-1/ADA4084-2/ADA4084-4 are members of a growing series of high voltage, low noise op amps offered by Analog Devices, Inc.
- Battery-powered instrumentation
- High-side and low-side sensing
- Power supply control and protection
- Digital-to-analog converter (DAC) output amplifiers
- Analog-to-digital converter (ADC) input buffers
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The Universal Precision Op Amp Evaluation Boards have been designed and optimized for many circuit configurations allowing the users to best suit their applications. These boards are all RoHs Compliant. See references below on what board to order by lead count and package.
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1KSZ (Single 5-Lead SC70) KS-5
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RJZ (Single 5-Lead SOT 23) RJ-5
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RMZ (Single 8-Lead MSOP) RM-8
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RZ (Single 8-Lead SOIC) R-8
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.