Features and Benefits
- ADSP-SC584 349-pin 19x19mm BGA
- 2Gb DDR3 Memory
- 128 Mb SPI Flash
- Ethernet (10/100 & GigE)
- ADAU1977 quad ADC
- ADAU1979 quad ADC
- ADAU1962A 12 channel 24-bit DAC
- AD2410 Automotive Audio Bus (A2B)
- SPDIF in/out, optical & coax
- 2 CAN transceivers + RJ11 connectors
- USB OTG
- EI3 Expansion Interface
- EZLITE includes ICE-1000 JTAG emulator and a permanent CrossCore® Embedded Studio license for use with the EZLITE via ICE-1000
The ADSP-SC584 EZ-KIT Lite and EZ-Board® are evaluation systems for the ADSP-SC58x family of SHARC® processors. The ADSP-SC584 processor is based on the SHARC+™ core dual processor with the arm® Cortex-A5™ processor core and is designed for a wide array of markets, from automotive and pro-audio to industrial-based applications that require high floating-point performance. The EZ-Board is shipped with all of the necessary hardware—you can start the evaluation immediately. The package contains the standalone evaluation board, CE-approved power supply, and USB cable. The EZ-KIT Lite® version ships with two 180 day licenses for CrossCore® Embedded Studio (CCES) and the ICE-1000 emulator, while the EZ-Board version requires the customer to provide an ICE-1000 or ICE-2000 emulator.
Expansion Interface III connectors are provided for interfacing with additional extender boards to provide LCD, camera, video, and audio. Traditional mechanical switches for changing the board's factory setup have been removed in favor of I2C controlled software switches. The only remaining mechanical switches are the boot mode switch, JTAG configuration switches, and push buttons.
The evaluation board is designed to be used in conjunction with the CrossCore® Embedded Studio (CCES) development tools to test capabilities of the ADSP-SC58x processors. The development environment aids advanced application code development and debug, such as:
- Create, compile, assemble, and link application programs written in C++, C, and assembly
- Load, run, step, halt, and set breakpoints in application programs
- Read and write data and program memory
- Read and write core and peripheral registers
Markets and Technologies
Package ContentsPackage Contents
The ADSP-SC584 EZ-KIT Lite® package contains the following items:
- ADSP-SC584 EZ-Board PCB
- Universal 12V DC power
- Ethernet cable
- USB A to micro B cable
- USB micro A to A receptacle cable
- 2GB SD card
- EZ-Kit license for CrossCore® Embedded Studio (CCES)
- INCLUDES: ICE-1000 Emulator
The ADSP-SC584 EZ-Board contains the following items:
Verify that your PC has these minimum requirements for the CCES installation:
- 2 GHz single core processor; 3.3GHz dual core or better recommended
- 4 GB RAM; 8GB or more recommended
- 2 GB available disk space
- One open USB port
Note: Please see the CrossCore® Embedded Studio Release Notes for the latest information about System Requirements.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.