- Complete Step-Down Switch Mode Power Supply
- Low Noise Silent Switcher® Architecture
- CISPR22 Class B Compliant
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.6V to 60V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.97V to 15V
- 5A Continuous Output Current at 24IN, 3.3VOUT, TA = 85°C
- 7.25A Peak Current at 12VIN, 3.3VOUT
- Parallelable for Increased Output Current
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 2.2MHz
- Programmable Soft-Start
- 9mm × 11.25mm × 3.32mm RoHS Compliant BGA Package
The LTM®8071 is a 60VIN, 5A (continuous) step-down Silent Switcher µModule® (power module) regulator. The Silent Switcher architecture minimizes EMI while delivering high efficiency at frequencies up to 2.2MHz. Included in the package are the switching controller, power switches, inductor, and all support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 3.6V to 60V, the LTM8071 supports an output voltage range of 0.97V to 15V and a switching frequency range of 200kHz to 2.2MHz, each set by a single resistor. Only the input and output filter capacitors are needed to finish the design.
The LTM8071 is packaged in a compact over-molded ball grid array (BGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8071 is available with SnPb (BGA) or RoHS compliant terminal finish.Applications
- Test and Measuement Equipment
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Industrial Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.