- Wide VIN Range: 3V to 20V
- Wide VOUT Range: 0.4V to 0.83 • VIN
- 8× 1.5A Buck Power Stages Configurable as 1 to 4 Output Channels
- 15 Unique Pin Selectable Output Configurations (1.5A to 12A per Channel)
- Internal Boost Capacitors for Reduced PCB Space
- No Load IQ 27µA 1 Buck Enabled; 42µA All Bucks Enabled
- 1% VOUT Accuracy on All Channels
- Peak Current Mode Control (Burst Mode® Operation/Forced Continuous)
- Precision RUN Inputs, Individual PGOOD Outputs for Power Sequencing
- 1MHz to 3MHz Frequency (RT Programmable, PLL SYNC, or Internal 2MHz Oscillator)
- TEMP Pin Output Indicates Die Temperature
- Output Current Monitors
- Differential Output Sense
The LTC3376 is a highly flexible multioutput power supply IC. The device includes four synchronous buck converters, configured to share eight 1.5A power stages, powered from independent 3V to 20V inputs. The DC/DCs are assigned to one of fifteen power configurations via pin strappable CFG0 to CFG3 pins. The LTC3376 includes the integration of ceramic capacitors into the package for the BST pins thereby saving PCB space. The common buck switching frequency may be programmed with an external resistor, synchronized to an external oscillator, or set to a default internal 2MHz clock.
The operating mode for all DC/DCs may be programmed via the SYNC/MODE pin for Burst Mode or forced continuous mode operation. The PGOOD1 to PGOOD4 outputs indicate when each enabled DC/DC is within a specified percentage of its final output.
Current monitors allow for external monitoring of each buck’s load. The EXTVCC pin allows for the internal circuitry to run from a 3V to 5.5V rail for improved efficiency.
Precision RUN pin thresholds facilitate power-up sequencing. The LTC3376 is available in a 64 lead 7mm × 7mm BGA (0.8mm ball pitch).
- 12V Distributed Power Systems
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.