- High Efficiency: 8mΩ NMOS, 31mΩ PMOS
- Programmable Frequency to 3MHz
- Tiny Inductor and Capacitors
- Peak Current Mode Control
- 22ns Minimum On-Time
- Wide Bandwidth, Fast Transient Response
- Silent Switcher™ Architecture
- Ultralow EMI Emissions
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation with IQ of 40μA
- Safely Tolerates Inductor Saturation in Overload
- VIN Range: 2.25V to 5.5V
- VOUT Range: 0.5V to VIN
- VOUT Accuracy: ±1% Over Temperature Range
- Precision 400mV Enable Threshold
- Shutdown Current: 1μA
- Power Good, Internal Compensation and Soft Start
- Thermally Enhanced 2mm × 2mm LQFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LTC3308A is a very small, high efficiency, low noise, monolithic synchronous 4A step-down DC/DC converter operating from a 2.25V to 5.5V input supply. Using constant frequency, peak current mode control at switching frequencies up to 3MHz and minimum on-time as low as 22ns, this regulator achieves fast transient response with small external components. Silent Switcher architecture minimizes EMI emissions.
The LTC3308A operates in forced continuous or pulse skip mode for low noise, or low-ripple Burst Mode operation for high efficiency at light loads, ideal for battery-powered systems. The IC regulates output voltages as low as 500mV. Other features include output overvoltage protection, short-circuit protection, thermal shutdown, clock synchronization, and up to 100% duty cycle operation for low dropout. The device is available in a low profile 12-lead 2mm × 2mm × 0.74mm LQFN package with exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
- Optical Networking, Servers, Telecom
- Automotive, Industrial, Communications
- Distributed DC Power Systems (POL)
- FPGA, ASIC, μP Core Supplies
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.