Features and Benefits
- Allows Safe Insertion into Live Backplane
- 8-Bit ADC Monitors Current and Voltage
- I2C™/SMBus Interface
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 8.5V to 80V
- High Side Drive for External N-Channel MOSFET
- Input Overvoltage/Undervoltage Protection
- Optional Latchoff or Autoretry After Faults
- Alerts Host After Faults
- Foldback Current Limiting
- Available in 24-Lead SO, 24-Lead Narrow SSOP and 32-Lead (5mm × 5mm) QFN Packages
The LTC4260 Hot Swap™ controller allows a board to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane. Using an external N-channel pass transistor, the board supply voltage can be ramped up at an adjustable rate. An I2C interface and onboard ADC allow monitoring of board current, voltage and fault status.
The device features adjustable analog foldback current limit with latch off or automatic restart after the LTC4260 remains in current limit beyond an adjustable time-out delay.
The controller has additional features to interrupt the host when a fault has occurred, notify when output power is good, detect insertion of a load card and power-up in either the on or off state.
- Electronic Circuit Breakers
- Live Board Insertion
- Computers, Servers
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Linduino is Analog Devices’ Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code for our integrated circuits. Each Linduino-supported product includes an example main program, defined in the LTSketchbook/Part Number folder and driver code, defined in the LTSketchbook/libraries folder.
Reference Designs (1)
Terasic DE10-Nano Kit
Terasic DE10-Nano Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
Technical Articles (6)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.