Features and Benefits
- Incorporates HDMI v1.4 features, including 3D video support
- 165 MHz supports all video formats up to 1080p and UXGA
- Supports gamut metadata packet transmission
- 3D video ready
- Programmable, 2-way color space converter
- Supports standard S/PDIF for stereo linear pulse code modulation (LPCM) or compressed audio up to 192 kHz
- High bit rate (HBR) audio
- 5 V tolerant I2C and Hot Plug™ detect (HPD) I/Os, no extra device needed
- No audio master clock needed for supporting S/PDIF and I2S
Product DetailsThe ADV7513 is a 165 MHz, High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI®) transmitter that is ideal for DVD players/ recorders, digital set-top boxes, A/V receivers, gaming consoles, and PCs.
The digital video interface contains an HDMI v1.4/DVI v1.0-compatible transmitter and supports all HDTV formats. The ADV7513 supports HDMI v1.4-specific features, including 3D video. The ADV7513 also supports x.v.Color™, high bit rate (HBR) audio, and the programmable auxiliary video information (AVI) InfoFrame features. With the inclusion of HDCP, the ADV7513 allows the secure transmission of protected content as specified by the HDCP v1.4 protocol.
The ADV7513 supports both S/PDIF and 8-channel I2S audio. Its high fidelity 8-channel I2S interface can transmit either stereo or 7.1 surround audio up to 768 kHz. The S/PDIF interface can carry compressed audio, including Dolby® Digital, DTS®, and THX®. Fabricated in an advanced CMOS process, the ADV7513 is provided in a 64-lead LQFP surface-mount plastic package with exposed pad and is specified over the −25°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Gaming consoles
- DVD players and recorders
- Digital set-top boxes
- A/V receivers
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This is a board for evaluating the combination the ADV7612 HDMI receiver and the ADV7511 HDMI transmitter. It has dual HDMI inputs and HDMI output. There is a Blackfin BF524 on the board which is a controller and can be used for audio processing between input and output. The video and audio bus is jumper-able so any of the parts can be evaluated by themselves or with customer hardware in between. Evaluation software is available. Documentation on how to alter jumpers and Scripts are available that will make ADV7612 work like ADV7611 and ADV7511 work like ADV7513.
Customers wishing to order the EVAL-ADV7612-7511 or the EVAL-ADV7612-7511P must be HDMI adopters listed at HDMI.org. Customers wishing to order the EVAL-ADV7612-7511 must also be HDCP licensees.
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
Reference Designs (1)
Terasic DE10-Nano Kit
Terasic DE10-Nano Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
Technical Articles (3)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.