- Wide VIN Range Up to 42V
- Programmable Cable Drop Compensation Provides Accurate 5V Regulation to Remote USB Sockets
- High Speed USB 2.0 Compliant Dataline Switches
- Selectable Charger Profiles Including Major Vendors’ and USB BC 1.2 Profiles
- Silent Switcher®2 Technology and Selectable Spread-Spectrum Modulation Provide Ultralow EMI
- Robust Dataline Protection
- Tolerant of Short Condition Up to 20V
- ESD Protected Up to IEC61000-4-2 8kV Contact Discharge and 15kV Air Discharge
- Available Status and Fault Output Pins
- Programmable and Synchronizable Switching Frequency 300kHz to 3MHz
- Selectable Forced Continuous or Pulse-Skipping Modes
- Small 4mm × 6mm × 0.94mm LQFN Package with 0.75mm Spacing from VIN to GND Pins
- AEC-Q100 Qualification in Progress
The LT8698S is a compact, high efficiency, synchronous monolithic step-down switching regulator designed to power the 5V USB VBUS rail with up to 3A from an input voltage as high as 42V. Programmable cable drop compensation maintains accurate 5V VBUS regulation even for USB sockets separated from the LT8698S by a long cable such as an automobile wiring harness. Silent Switcher Technology and selectable spread-spectrum modulation provide ultralow EMI/EMC.
The LT8698S supports a wide variety of portable device charger profiles including USB BC 1.2 CDP, DCP, and SDP as well as common proprietary profiles. Integrated VBUS reset and VBUS regulator disable functions support USB OTG functionality.
The LT8698S’s robust high speed USB 2.0 data line switches protect the upstream USB host μController from short-circuit conditions up to 20V and ESD events up to IEC61000-4-2 8kV contact discharge and 15kV air discharge levels. Further VBUS monitor and fault protectionfeatures eliminate the need for a USB power switch. The LT8698S includes two parallel 10nF capacitors from VIN to PGND for improved EMI/EMC performance. The LT8698S-1 does not include these capacitors.
- Automotive USB
- Industrial USB