Features and Benefits
- Low noise: 11 μV rms independent of fixed output voltage
- PSRR of 88 dB at 10 kHz, 68 dB at 100 kHz, 50 dB at 1 MHz, VOUT ≤ 5 V, VIN = 7 V
- Input voltage range: 2.7 V to 40 V
- Maximum output current: 200 mA
- Initial accuracy: ±0.8%
- Accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- −1.2% to +1.5%, TJ = −40°C to +85°C
- ±1.8%, TJ = −40°C to +125°C
- Low dropout voltage: 200 mV (typical) at a 200 mA load, VOUT = 5 V
- User programmable soft start (LFCSP and SOIC only)
- Low quiescent current, IGND = 50 μA (typical) with no load
- Low shutdown current: 1.8 μA at VIN = 5 V, 3.0 μA at VIN = 40 V
- Stable with a small 2.2 μF ceramic output capacitor
- Fixed output voltage options: 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V, and 5.0 V
- 16 standard voltages between 1.2 V and 5.0 V are available
- Adjustable output from 1.2 V to VIN – VDO, output can be adjusted above initial set point
- Precision enable
- 2 mm × 2 mm, 6-lead LFCSP, 8-Lead SOIC, 5-Lead TSOT
- Supported by ADIsimPower tool
The ADP7142 is a CMOS, low dropout (LDO) linear regulator that operates from 2.7 V to 40 V and provides up to 200 mA of output current. This high input voltage LDO is ideal for the regulation of high performance analog and mixed signal circuits operating from 40 V down to 1.2 V rails. Using an advanced proprietary architecture, the device provides high power supply rejection, low noise, and achieves excellent line and load transient response with a small 2.2 μF ceramic output capacitor. The ADP7142 regulator output noise is 11 μV rms independent of the output voltage for the fixed options of 5 V or less.
The ADP7142 is available in 16 fixed output voltage options. The following voltages are available from stock: 1.2 V (adjustable), 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V, and 5.0 V. Additional voltages available by special order are 1.5 V, 1.85 V, 2.0 V, 2.2 V, 2.75 V, 2.8 V, 2.85 V, 3.8 V, 4.2 V, and 4.6 V.
Each fixed output voltage can be adjusted above the initial set point with an external feedback divider. This allows the ADP7142 to provide an output voltage from 1.2 V to VIN − VDO with high PSRR and low noise.
User programmable soft start with an external capacitor is available in the LFCSP and SOIC packages.
The ADP7142 is available in a 6-lead, 2 mm × 2 mm LFCSP making it not only a very compact solution, but it also provides excellent thermal performance for applications requiring up to 200 mA of output current in a small, low profile footprint. The ADP7142 is also available in a 5-lead TSOT and an 8-lead SOIC.
- Regulation to noise sensitive applications
- ADC, DAC circuits, precision amplifiers, power for VCO VTUNE control
- Communications and infrastructure
- Medical and healthcare
- Industrial and instrumentation
Markets & Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Aerospace and Defense
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP7118/ADP7142 evaluation board is used to demonstrate the functionality of the ADP7118/ADP7142 series of linear regulators.
Simple device measurements such as line and load regulation, dropout, and ground current can be demonstrated with just a single voltage source, a voltmeter, an ammeter, and load resistors.
Features & Benefits
- Input voltage range: 2.7 V to 20 V (40V for ADP7142)
- Output current range: 0 mA to 200 mA
- Output voltage accuracy: ±0.8 %
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Adjustable option voltage set with two external resistors VOUT = 1.2 V × (1 + R1/R2)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADIsimPower is the fastest and most accurate Power Management design tool. ADI's Design Center lets you design your power circuits in three easy steps.
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.