Features and Benefits
- Overvoltage fault protection up to ±60 V on S1 and S2 pins
- Power-off protection up to ±60 V on S1 and S2 pins
- Known state without digital inputs present
- Low on resistance of 11 Ω typical
- Ultraflat, on resistance
- Latch-up immune under any circumstance
- 3.5 kV human body model (HBM) ESD rating
- VSS to VDD −2 V signal range
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- ±5 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 8 V to 44 V single-supply operation
- 10-lead, 3 mm × 2 mm, LFCSP
The ADG5421F is a dual SPST, low on resistance switch that features overvoltage protection, power-off protection, and overvoltage detection on the source pins.
When no power supplies are present, the switch remains in the off condition, and the switch inputs are high impedance. When powered, if the analog input signal levels on either of the Sx pins exceed VDD or VSS by the threshold voltage, VT, both switches turn off together, and the open-drain fault flag (FF) pin pulls to a logic low. Input signal levels up to +60 V or −60 V relative to ground are blocked in both the powered and unpowered condition.
The switches turn on with a Logic 1 input and conduct equally well in both directions. The digital input is compatible with 1.8 V logic inputs over the full operating supply range.
- Analog input and output modules
- Process control and distributed control systems
- Data acquisition
- Automatic test equipment
- Communication systems
- Relay replacement
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADG5421FEBZ is the evaluation board for the ADG5421F, which features two SPST switch channels. The ADG5421F has overvoltage fault detection and protection circuitry on the source pins and is protected against signals up to −60 V and +60 V in both the powered and unpowered states.
Figure 1 in the user guide shows the EVAL-ADG5421FEBZ in a typical evaluation setup. The ADG5421F is soldered to the center of the evaluation board, and 2-wire screw terminals are provided to connect to each of the source and drain pins. Three screw terminals are used to power the device, with a fourth terminal used to provide a user defined digital voltage to supply the LED, which is mounted to provide visual indication of the fault status of the switch.
For full details on the ADG5421F, see the ADG5421F data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using this evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Supply voltages
- Dual supply: ±5 V to ±22 V
- Single supply: 8 V to 44 V
- Protected against overvoltage on the source pins
- Signal voltages up to −60 V and +60 V
- LED for visual overvoltage indication
- Parallel interface compatible with 1.8 V logic
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADG5421F Companion Parts
Recommended Analog to Digital Converter
- 16-Bit, 2 MSPS Precision Pseudo Differential SAR ADC: AD4000.
- Precision 24-Bit ADC with Power Scaling: AD7768-1.
Recommended Power Products
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.