Features and Benefits
- Latch-up proof
- 8 kV HBM ESD rating
- Low on resistance (<10 Ω)
- ±9 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 9 V to 40 V single-supply operation
- 48 V supply maximum ratings
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
The ADG5436 is a monolithic CMOS device containing two independently selectable single-pole/double-throw (SPDT) switches. An EN input on the LFCSP package enables or disables the device. When disabled, all channels switch off. Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when on and has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked. Both switches exhibit break-before-make switching action for use in multiplexer applications.
The on-resistance profile is very flat over the full analog input range, ensuring excellent linearity and low distortion when switching audio signals.
- Trench isolation guards against latch-up. A dielectric trench separates the P and N channel transistors thereby preventing latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
- Low RON.
- Dual-supply operation. For applications where the analog signal is bipolar, the ADG5436 can be operated from dual supplies up to ±22 V.
- Single-supply operation. For applications where the analog signal is unipolar, the ADG5436 can be operated from a single-rail power supply up to 40 V.
- 3 V logic compatible digital inputs: VINH = 2.0 V, VINL = 0.8 V.
- No VL logic power supply required.
- Relay replacement
- Automatic test equipment Data acquisition
- Avionics Audio and video switching
- Communication systems
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-16TSSOPEBZ evaluation board evaluates 16-lead TSSOP devices in the Switches and Multiplexers Portfolio that are purchased separately. A clamp is supplied with the EVAL-16TSSOPEBZ to secure a 16-lead TSSOP device to the evaluation board without the need for soldering, making the board reusable for multiple devices.
A 16-lead TSSOP device can be clamped or soldered to the center of the evaluation board. Each pin of the device has a corresponding link from K1 to K16 that can be set to either VDD or GND. A wire screw terminal supplies VDD and GND. SMB connectors on the board allow additional external signals to be supplied to the device. In addition, there is space available at the top of the board for prototyping.
Full specifications of the device under test (DUT) are available in the corresponding product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 16 lead TSSOP evaluation board
- Clamp to allow the main device to be changed easily
- Gold pin connectors to allow the addition of passive components
- SMB connectors for the input/output of signals
- Additional space on board to allow for prototyping
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.