Features and Benefits
- Overvoltage protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Power-off protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Overvoltage detection on source pins
- Interrupt flags indicate fault status
- Low on resistance: 10 Ω (typical)
- On-resistance flatness of 0.5 Ω (maximum)
- 6 kV human body model (HBM) ESD rating
- Latch-up immune under any circumstance
- Known state without digital inputs present
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- ±5 V to ±22 V dual supply operation
- 8 V to 44 V single-supply operation
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
Product DetailsThe ADG5436F is an analog multiplexer, containing two independently selectable single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) switches. An EN input is used to disable all the switches. For use in multiplexer applications, both switches exhibit break-before-make switching action.
Each channel conducts equally well in both directions when on, and each switch has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. The digital inputs are compatible with 3 V logic inputs over the full operating supply range.
When no power supplies are present, the switch remains in the off condition, and the channel inputs are high impedance. Under normal operating conditions, if the analog input signal level on any Sxx pin exceeds VDD or VSS by a threshold voltage, VT, the channel turns off and that Sxx pin becomes high impedance. If the channel is on, the drain pin reacts according to the drain response (DR) input pin. If the DR pin is left floating or pulled high, the drain remains high impedance and floats. If the DR pin is pulled low, the drain pulls to the exceeded rail. Input signal levels of up to +55 V or −55 V relative to ground are blocked, in both the powered and unpowered conditions. The low on resistance of the ADG5436F, combined with the on-resistance flatness over a significant portion of the signal range, makes it an ideal solution for data acquisition and gain switching applications where excellent linearity and low distortion are critical.
Note that, throughout this data sheet, the dual function pin names are referenced only by the relevant function where applicable. See the Pin Configuration and Function Descriptions section for full pin names and function descriptions.
- Source pins are protected against voltages greater than the supply rails, up to −55 V and +55 V.
- Source pins are protected against voltages between −55 V and +55 V in an unpowered state.
- Overvoltage detection with digital output indicates the operating state of the switches.
- Trench isolation guards against latch-up.
- Optimized for low on resistance and on-resistance flatness.
- The ADG5436F operates from a dual supply of ±5 V up to ±22 V, or a single power supply of 8 V up to 44 V.
- Analog input/output modules
- Process control/distributed control systems
- Data acquisition
- Automatic test equipment
- Communication systems
- Relay replacement
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADG5436FEBZ is the evaluation board for the ADG5436F, which features two independently controlled single-pole/double-throw (SPDT) switches. The ADG5436F has overvoltage detection and protection circuitry on the source pins and is protected against signals up to −55 V and +55 V in both the powered and unpowered states.
The ADG5436F is soldered to the center of the evaluation board, and screw terminals are provided to connect to each of the source and drain pins. Three screw terminals are used to power the device, with a fourth terminal used to provide a user defined digital voltage, if required. Alternatively, a low dropout (LDO) regulator is provided for 5 V digital voltage control and to supply the LED, which is mounted to provide visual indication of the fault status of the switch.
Full specifications on the ADG5436F are available in the product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Supply voltages
Dual supply: ±5 V to ±22 V
Single supply: 8 V to 44 V
- Protected against overvoltage on source pins
Signal voltages up to −55 V and +55 V
- LED for visual overvoltage indication
- Parallel interface compatible with 3 V logic
- On-board LDO regulator for digital supply and control, if required
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.