Features and Benefits
- Digitally programmable frequency and phase
- 12.65 mW power consumption at 3 V
- 0 MHz to 12.5 MHz output frequency range
- 28-bit resolution: 0.1 Hz at 25 MHz reference clock
- Sinusoidal, triangular, and square wave outputs
- 2.3 V to 5.5 V power supply
- No external components required
- 3-wire SPI interface
- Extended temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
- Power-down option
- 10-lead MSOP package
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
- Download AD9833-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Temperature range:
−55°C to +125°C
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- 1 assembly/test site
- 1 fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available upon request
- V62/14619-01XE DSCC Drawing Number
The AD9833 is a low power, programmable waveform generator capable of producing sine, triangular, and square wave outputs. Waveform generation is required in various types of sensing, actuation, and time domain reflectometry (TDR) applications. The output frequency and phase are software programmable, allowing easy tuning. No external components are needed. The frequency registers are 28 bits wide: with a 25 MHz clock rate, resolution of 0.1 Hz can be achieved; with a 1 MHz clock rate, the AD9833 can be tuned to 0.004 Hz resolution.
The AD9833 is written to via a 3-wire serial interface. This serial interface operates at clock rates up to 40 MHz and is compatible with DSP and microcontroller standards. The device operates with a power supply from 2.3 V to 5.5 V.
The AD9833 has a power-down function (SLEEP). This function allows sections of the device that are not being used to be powered down, thus minimizing the current consumption of the part. For example, the DAC can be powered down when a clock output is being generated.
The AD9833 is available in a 10-lead MSOP package.
- Frequency stimulus/waveform generation
- Liquid and gas flow measurement
- Sensory applications: proximity, motion, and defect detection
- Line loss/attenuation
- Test and medical equipment
- Sweep/clock generators
- Time domain reflectometry (TDR) applications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The Evaluation board for the AD9833 contains a SDP-B connection and software allowing the AD9833 to be controlled from a SDP-B board.
Application Notes (25)
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimDDS uses mathematical equations to model and illustrate the overall performance of the selected device. ADIsimDDS calculates the required FTW, given the reference clock frequency and desired output frequency. This tool also models an estimate of the overall spectral performance, and allows the user to explore the effects of external reconstruction filters.
Technical Articles (22)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.