Features and Benefits
- Wide input supply voltage range: 2.85 V to 15 V
- Generates well regulated, independently resistor programmable VPOS and VNEG outputs
- Boost regulator to generate VPOS output
- Adjustable positive output to 39 V
- Integrated 2.0 A main switch
- Optional single-ended primary-inductor converter (SEPIC) configuration for automatic step-up/step-down
- Inverting regulator to generate VNEG output
- Adjustable negative output to VIN − 39 V
- Integrated 1.2 A main switch
- True shutdown for both positive and negative outputs
- 1.2 MHz/2.4 MHz switching frequency with optional external frequency synchronization from 1.0 MHz to 2.6 MHz
- Resistor programmable soft start timer
- Slew rate control for lower system noise
- Individual precision enable and flexible start-up sequence control for symmetric start, VPOS first, or VNEG first
- Out-of-phase operation
- UVLO, OCP, OVP, and TSD protection
- 4 mm × 4 mm, 20-lead LFCSP and 20-lead TSSOP
- −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range
- Supported by the ADIsimPower tool set
The ADP5071 is a dual high performance dc-to-dc regulator that generates independently regulated positive and negative rails.
The input voltage range of 2.85 V to 15 V supports a wide variety of applications. The integrated main switch in both regulators enables generation of an adjustable positive output voltage up to +39 V and a negative output voltage down to −39 V below input voltage.
The ADP5071 operates at a pin selected 1.2 MHz/2.4 MHz switching frequency. The ADP5071 can synchronize with an external oscillator from 1.0 MHz to 2.6 MHz to ease noise filtering in sensitive applications. Both regulators implement programmable slew rate control circuitry for the MOSFET driver stage to reduce electromagnetic interference (EMI).
Flexible start-up sequencing is provided with the options of manual enable, simultaneous mode, positive supply first, and negative supply first.
The ADP5071 includes a fixed internal or resistor programmable soft start timer to prevent inrush current at power-up. During shutdown, both regulators completely disconnect the loads from the input supply to provide a true shutdown.
Other key safety features in the ADP5071 include overcurrent protection (OCP), overvoltage protection (OVP), thermal shutdown (TSD), and input undervoltage lockout (UVLO).
The ADP5071 is available in a 20-lead LFCSP or in a 20-lead TSSOP and is rated for a −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.
- Bipolar amplifiers, ADCs, DACs, and multiplexers
- Charge-coupled device (CCD) bias supply
- Optical module supply
- RF power amplifier (PA) bias
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (3)
The AD-96TOF1-EBZ is a proven hardware platform for depth perception. When paired with processor board from the 96Boards eco system, it can be used for 3D software and algorithm development. While the software and algorithms are being developed, the hardware design can be leveraged for productization. ADI can suggest 3rd party developers to help customize the platform to meet individual application needs.
Depending on customer preferences and development experience, different 96Boards processor boards can be used for overall system evaluation and custom development. There is also a Raspberry Pi interface available on the Mezzanine board for extra customer flexibility.
This solution offers the ability to be very small and low power while measuring depth at up to 6m distances, good outdoor and indoor performance and VGA resolution.
It can be used for applications like:
- Industrial automation
- SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping)
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Automotive sensing
Features & Benefits
The ADI ToF system uses a VGA CCD that enables the user to capture a 640x480 depth map of an image, providing up to 4x higher resolution than many other TOF systems on the market. This enables users to detect and measure the distance to smaller and thinner objects that would otherwise be invisible to other ToF systems. More information is included in our ToF technology page.
- Range: <6m
- FoV: 90° x 69.2°
- Wavelength 940nm
- Near: 25cm – 80cm
- Medium: 30cm – 4.5m
- Far: 3m – 6m
- Accuracy < 2% for all ranges
- Frame Rate: 30 fps max (dependent on application processor, OS and interface to host computer)
- Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Multiple interface options to PC (USB, ETH, WiFi)
- ToF specific API for system control & data acquisition
- Operating system for Linux, Windows, Mac
- Complete open source software framework: wrappers for MATLAB®, Python, RobotOS
- Platform allows for software/algorithm development while hardware can be optimized
- 3rd Party network to help modify platform for individual production needs
The EVAL-AD5766SD2Z/EVAL-AD5767SD2Z are fully featured evaluation boards designed to easily evaluate all features of the AD5766/AD5767 16-channel, 16-bit/12-bit, voltage output digital-to-analog converters (DACs).
These evaluation boards integrate a power solution using the ADP5071. The ADP5071 switching regulator offers a power solution by generating a bipolar supply of 8 V and −22 V from a 3.3 V input to create a DAC voltage output range of −20 V to +6 V. Alternatively, supplying the DAC with a linear power supply via the on-board connector, J9, generates all ranges.
The on-board connector, via J10, or the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z system demonstration platform (SDP) board, via J1, can control the AD5766/AD5767. The SDP enables the control of evaluation boards through the USB port of a Windows® based PC using the AD5766/AD5767 the evaluation software, ACE.
The AD5766/AD5767 are 16-channel, 16-bit/12-bit, voltage output denseDAC® converters. The DACs generate output ranges from a 2.5 V reference. Output buffers permit the AD5766/AD5767 to source or sink up to 20 mA. The range is software selectable and any channel can be routed to the monitor pin for external monitoring. The integration of the reference and output buffers creates an easy to use universal solution.
The devices require four power supplies. AVDD and AVSS are the positive and negative high voltage power supplies, AVCC is the analog supply for the low voltage DAC circuitry, and a VLOGIC supply pin sets the logic levels for the digital interface pins.
The ACE software of the EVAL-AD5766SD2Z/EVAL-AD5767SD2Z has an intuitive graphic user interface (GUI) for the configuration of AD5766/AD5767 modes of operation through the synchronous serial port (SPORT) interface. Visit the ACE software page to view plug in modules for the evaluation boards and Circuits from the Lab® (CFTL) demo boards of many other Analog Devices devices.
Complete specifications for the AD5766/AD5767 are available in the AD5766/AD5767 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with theuser guide (UG-1070) when using the EVAL-AD5766SD2Z/EVAL-AD5767SD2Z.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD5767 with the ADP5071 power solution
- PC control in conjunction with the Analog Devices, Inc., EVAL-SDP-CB1Z system demonstration platform (SDP)
- Power solution generated from a single 3.3 V supply
- PC software for control using analysis/control/evaluation (ACE) software
The ADP5070CP-EVALZ and ADP5071CP-EVALZ evaluation board are used to demonstrate the functionality of the ADP5070 and ADP5071 dc-to-dc converters, respectively.
Simple device measurements, such as line regulation, load regulation and efficiency, can be evaluated with the board. Device features, including selectable operating frequency, soft start, sequencing and slew rate control, may be demonstrated. The ADP7142 and ADP7182 LDOs are also available on the board as an option for enhanced low noise output.
Additional Equipment Needed
- DC power supply
- Multimeters for voltage and current measurements
- Electronic or resistive loads
Evaluation Kit Contents
- ADP5070CP-EVALZ or ADP5071CP-EVALZ evaluation board
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (4)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.