Features and Benefits
- Improved design journey
- Fully differential ADC driver with selectable input range
- Input ranges with 5 V VREF: ±10 V, ±5 V, or ±2.5 V
- Essential passive components included
- ±0.005% iPassives matched resistor array
- Wide input common-mode voltage range
- High common-mode rejection ratio
- Single-ended to differential conversion
- Increased signal chain density
- Small, 7 mm × 7 mm, 0.80 mm pitch, 49-ball CSP_BGA
- 4× footprint reduction vs. discrete solution
- On-board reference buffer with VCM generation
- High performance
- Throughput: 2 MSPS, no pipeline delay
- Guaranteed 16-bit no missing codes
- INL: ±4.6 ppm typical, ±11.9 ppm guaranteed
- SINAD: 95 dB typical (G = 0.454)
- Offset error drift: 0.7 ppm/°C typical (G = 0.454)
- Gain error drift: ±0.5 ppm/°C typical
- Low total power dissipation: 51.6 mW typical at 2 MSPS
- SPI-/QSPI™ -/MICROWIRE™ -/DSP-compatible serial interface
- Versatile logic interface supply with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3 V, or 5 V
The ADAQ4001 is a μModule® precision data acquisition (DAQ), signal chain solution that reduces the development cycle of a precision measurement system by transferring the signal chain design challenge of component selection, optimization, and layout from the designer to the device.
Using system-in-package (SIP) technology, the ADAQ4001 reduces end system component count by combining multiple common signal processing and conditioning blocks into a single device. These blocks include a high resolution 16-bit, 2 MSPS successive approximation register (SAR), analog-to-digital converter (ADC), a low noise, fully differential ADC driver amplifier (FDA), and a stable reference buffer.
Using Analog Devices, Inc., iPassives® technology, the ADAQ4001 also incorporates crucial passive components with superior matching and drift characteristics to minimize temperature dependent error sources and to offer optimized performance (see Figure 1 in the data sheet). Housing this signal chain solution in a small, 7 mm × 7 mm, 0.80 mm pitch, 49-ball CSP_BGA enables compact form factor designs without sacrificing performance and simplifies end system bill of materials management. This level of system integration makes the ADAQ4001 much less sensitive to printed circuit board (PCB) layout while still providing flexibility to adapt to a wide range of signal levels.
The serial peripheral interface (SPI)-compatible, serial user interface is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3 V, or 5 V logic, using a separate VIO supply. Specified operation of the ADAQ4001 is from −40°C to +125°C.
- Automatic test equipment
- Machine automation
- Process controls
- Medical instrumentation
- Digital control loops
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADAQ4001 and ADAQ4003 µModule® data acquisition system evaluation kit (EVAL-ADAQ4001FMCZ or EVAL-ADAQ4003FMCZ) contains the EVAL-ADAQ4001PMDZ or EVAL-ADAQ4003PMDZ peripheral module (Pmod) board and the EVAL-PMD-IB1Z Pmod to field programmable grid array (FPGA) mezzanine card (FMC) interposer board that interfaces with the system demonstration controller board (EVAL-SDP-CH1Z) via a 160-pin FMC connector, as shown in Figure 1. in the user guide.
The ADAQ4001 µModule and ADAQ4003 µModule combine multi-ple common signal processing and conditioning blocks into a single device that includes a low noise, fully differential analog-to-digital converter (ADC) driver, a stable reference buffer, a high resolution, 16-bit or 18-bit, 2 MSPS successive approximation register (SAR) ADC, and the critical passive components necessary for optimum performance.
The EVAL-ADAQ4001PMDZ and EVAL-ADAQ4003PMDZ on-board components include the following:
- The ADR4550 high precision, buffered band gap, 5.0 V voltage reference (see Figure 25 in user guide)
- An optional ADA4898-1 high voltage, low noise, low distortion, unity-gain stable, high speed op amp (see Figure 26 in user guide)
- An optional AD8251 programmable gain in-amp (see Figure 26 in user guide)
- The LT5400-4 quad matched, low drift, resistor network.
Note that J1 and J2 on the EVAL-ADAQ4001PMDZ and EVAL-ADAQ4003PMDZ provide low noise analog signal sources.
For full details on the ADAQ4001 or ADAQ4003, see the ADAQ4001 or ADAQ4003 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-ADAQ4001FMCZ or EVAL-ADAQ4003FMCZ.
Features & Benefits
- Fully featured Pmod evaluation board with a Pmod to FMC interposer board
- Versatile analog signal conditioning circuitry
- On-board reference and ADC drivers
- PC software for control and data analysis of time and frequency domain
- System demonstration platform compatible (EVAL-SDP-CH1Z)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.