Features and Benefits
- Pin-Programmable Gains:
G = 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16V/V + Shutdown
- Fully Differential Outputs
- Gain Error: 0.012% (Max)
- Gain Error Drift: 1ppm/°C (Max)
- CMRR: 103dB (Min), G = 16
- Input Bias Current: 25pA (Max)
- Input Offset Voltage: 92μV (Max), G = 16
- Input Offset Voltage Drift: 1.7μV/°C (Max), G = 16
- –3dB Bandwidth: 4MHz, G = 16
- Input Noise Density: 8nV/√Hz, G = 16
- Slew Rate: 12V/μs, G = 16
- Adjustable Output Common Mode Voltage
- Quiescent Supply Current: 4.4mA
- Supply Voltage Range: ±4.5V to ±18V
- –40°C to 125°C Specified Temperature Range
- Small 12-Lead 4mm × 4mm DFN (LFCSP) Package
The LTC6373 is a precision instrumentation amplifier with fully differential outputs which includes a closely matched internal resistor network to achieve excellent CMRR, offset voltage, gain error, gain drift, and gain nonlinearity. The user can easily program the gain to one of seven available settings through a 3-bit parallel interface (A2 to A0). The 8th state puts the part in shutdown which reduces the current consumption to 220μA. Unlike a conventional voltage feedback amplifier, the LTC6373 maintains nearly the same bandwidth across all its gain settings.
The LTC6373 features fully differential outputs to drive high performance, differential-input ADCs. The output common mode voltage is independently adjustable via the VOCM pin. The combination of high impedance inputs, DC precision, low noise, low distortion, and high-speed differential ADC drive makes the LTC6373 an ideal candidate for optimizing data acquisition systems.
The LTC6373 is available in a 12-lead 4mm × 4mm DFN (LFCSP) package and is fully specified over the −40°C to 125°C temperature range.
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Differential ADC Drivers
- Single-Ended-to-Differential Conversion
- Multiplexed Applications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demo circuit DC2398A features the LTC6373 Programmable Gain Instrumentation Amplifier. The circuit’s gain can be controlled in several ways, such as by simply setting onboard jumpers or by connecting an Arduino or Linduino (DC2026A) microcontroller board. The LTC6373 has fully differential outputs with independent common mode level shifting. The output common mode level can be set by the IC’s internal default or overdriven by the user.
The DC2398A can be powered by external bench supplies (typically ±15V), but optionally also demonstrates the use of the LTC3265 dual low noise charge pump to generate ±15V rails from a single 9V to 12V input supply. Design files for this circuit board are available.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
In-Amp Diamond Plot Tool
The Diamond Plot Tool is a web application that generates a configuration-specific Output Voltage Range vs. Input Common-Mode Voltage graph, also known as the Diamond Plot, for Analog Devices Instrumentation Amplifiers. Based on user inputs such as supply voltage, gain, and input signal range, the tool detects saturation and recommends in-amps for which the input signal is in-range and the configuration is valid. Avoid saturation, find the best in-amp for your design, and save time.
LTC6373 Companion Parts
Recommended Analog to Digital Converters
- 8-/4-/1-Channel, 24-Bit, SImultaneous-Sampling, 256ksps Sigma-Delta ADC: AD7768, AD7768-4, AD7768-1.
- 4-Channel, 24-Bit, Continuous Time, 1.5Msps Sigma-Delta ADC: AD7134.
- 20-Bit, 1Msps, High Precision SAR ADC: LTC2378-18.
- 18-Bit, 1.6Msps, High Precision SAR ADC: LTC2379-18.
- 18-Bit, 2Msps, Data Acquisition uModule: ADAQ4003.
- 18-Bit, 2Msps, High Precision SAR ADC: AD4003.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.