Features and Benefits
- User defined secondary supplies set overvoltage level
- Overvoltage protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Power-off protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Overvoltage detection on source pins
- Minimum secondary supply level: 4.5 V single-supply
- Interrupt flag indicates fault status
- Low on resistance: 10 Ω typical
- On-resistance flatness: 0.5 Ω maximum
- 4 kV human body model (HBM) ESD rating
- Latch-up immune under any circumstance
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- ±5 V to ±22 V dual supply operation
- 8 V to 44 V single-supply operation
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
Product DetailsThe ADG5462F contains four channels that are overvoltage protected. The channel protector is placed in series with the signal path and protects sensitive components from overvoltage faults in that path. The channel protector prevents overvoltages when powered and unpowered, and it is ideal for use in applications where correct power supply sequencing cannot always be guaranteed. The primary supply voltages define the on-resistance profile, while the secondary supply voltages define the voltage level at which the overvoltage protection engages.
When no power supplies are present, the channel remains in the off condition, and the channel inputs are high impedance. Under normal operating conditions, if the analog input signal levels on any Sx pin exceed positive fault voltage (POSFV) or negative fault voltage (NEGFV) by a threshold voltage (VT), the channel turns off and that Sx pin becomes high impedance. If the DR pin is driven low, the drain pin (Dx) is pulled to the secondary supply voltage that was exceeded. The output profile for each DR voltage level is shown in Figure 1. Input signal levels up to −55 V or +55 V relative to ground are blocked in both the powered and unpowered conditions.
The low on-resistance of these switches, combined with the on-resistance flatness over a significant portion of the signal range make them an ideal solution for data acquisition and instrumentation applications where excellent linearity and low distortion are critical.
- Source pins are protected against voltages greater than the secondary supply rails (POSFV and NEGFV), up to −55 V and +55 V.
- In an unpowered state, source pins (Sx) are protected against voltages from −55 V to +55 V.
- Overvoltage detection with digital output indicates operating state of channel.
- Trench isolation guards against latch-up.
- Optimized for low on-resistance and on-resistance flatness.
- The ADG5462F operates from a dual power supply range of ±5 V to ±22 V or a single power supply range of 8 V to 44 V.
- Analog input/output modules
- Process control/distributed control systems
- Data acquisition
- Automatic test equipment
- Communication systems
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADG5462FEBZ is the evaluation board for the ADG5462F, which features four channels that are overvoltage protected. The channel protector is placed in series with the signal path and is protected against signals up to −55 V and +55 V in both the powered and unpowered states.
The ADG5462F is soldered to the center of the evaluation board, and screw terminals are provided to connect to each of the source and drain pins. Three screw terminals are used to power the device, with a fourth terminal used to provide a user defined digital voltage, if required. Alternatively, a low dropout (LDO) regulator is provided for 5 V digital voltage control and to supply the LED, which is mounted to provide visual indication of the fault status of the switch.
Full specifications on the ADG5462F are available in the product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Supply voltages
- Dual supply: ±5 V to ±22 V
- Single supply: 8 V to 44 V
- Protected against overvoltage on source pins
- Signal voltages up to −55 V and +55 V
- LED for visual overvoltage indication
- Parallel interface compatible with 3 V logic
- On-board LDO regulator for digital supply and control, if required
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (2)
Rarely Asked Questions (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.