Features and Benefits
- Bidirectional logic level translation
- Operates from 1.15 V to 5.5 V
- Low quiescent current < 1 µA
- No direction pin
The ADG3308 is a bidirectional level translator containing eight bidirectional channels. The ADG3308 can be used in multivoltage digital system applications, such as a data transfer between a low voltage DSP controller and a higher voltage device. The internal architecture allows the device to perform bidirectional level translation without an additional signal to set the direction in which the translation takes place.
The voltage applied to VCCA sets the logic levels on the A side of the device, and VCCY sets the levels on the Y side. For proper operation, VCCA must always be less than VCCY. The VCCA compatible logic signals applied to the A side of the device appear as VCCY compatible levels on the Y side. Similarly, VCCY compatible logic levels applied to the Y side of the device appear as VCCA compatible logic levels on the A side.
The enable pin (EN) provides three-state operation on both the A side and the Y side pins. When the EN pin is pulled low, the terminals on both sides of the device are in the high impedance state. For normal operation, EN should be driven high.
The ADG3308 is available in a compact 20-lead TSSOP and a 20-lead LFCSP. The EN pin is referred to the VCCY supply voltage.
The ADG3308 is guaranteed to operate over the 1.15 V to 5.5 V supply voltage range and the extended −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Bidirectional logic level translation.
- Fully guaranteed over the 1.15 V to 5.5 V supply range.
- No direction pin.
- Packages: 20-lead TSSOP and 20-lead LFCSP
- Low voltage ASIC level translation
- Smart card readers
- Cell phones and cell phone cradles
- Portable communication devices
- Telecommunications equipment
- Network switches and routers
- Storage systems (SAN/NAS)
- Computing/server applications
- Portable POS systems
- Low cost serial interfaces
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-24TSSOPEBZ evaluation board evaluates 24-lead TSSOP devices in the Switches and Multiplexers Portfolio that are purchased separately. A clamp is supplied with the EVAL-24TSSOPEBZ to secure a 24-lead TSSOP device to the evaluation board without the need for soldering, making the board reusable for multiple devices.
A 24-lead TSSOP device can be clamped or soldered to the center of the evaluation board. Each pin of the device has a corresponding link from K1 to K24 that can be set to either VDD or GND. A wire screw terminal supplies VDD and GND. SMB connectors on the board allow additional external signals to be supplied to the device. In addition, there is space available at the top of the board for prototyping.
Full specifications of the device under test (DUT) are available in the corresponding product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 24-lead TSSOP evaluation board
- Clamp allows the main device to be easily changed
- Gold pin connectors allow the addition of passive components
- SMB connectors for the input/output of signals
- Additional space on-board to allow for prototyping
Two motors can be driven at the same time, each motor having its separate power supply. The system incorporates high quality power sources; reliable power, control, and feedback signals isolation; accurate measurement of motor current & voltage signals; high speed interfaces for control signals to allow fast controller response; industrial Ethernet high speed interfaces; single ended Hall, differential Hall, encoder and resolver interfaces; digital position sensors interface; flexible control with a FPGA/SoC interface.
The kit consists of two boards: a controller board and a drive board. An optional AD-DYNO2-EBZ dynamometer can also be purchased through Avnet and is intended to be an extension of the drive system.
- Digital board for interfacing with the low and high voltage drive boards
- Compatible with all Xilinx FPGA platforms with FMC LPC or HPC connectors
- FMC signals voltage adaptation interface for seamless operation on all FMC voltage levels
- Fully isolated digital control and feedback signals
- Isolated Xilinx XADC interface
- 2 x Gbit Ethernet PHYs for high speed industrial communication, with 3rd party EtherCAT support
- Single ended Hall, Differential Hall, Encoder, Resolver interfaces
- Digital sensors interfaces
- BISS Interface
- Drives motors up to 48V @ 20A
- Drives 2 motors simultaneously
- High frequency drive stage implemented with ADI isolated gate drivers
- Supported motor types
Stepper (bipolar / unipolar)
- Integrated over current protection
- Reverse voltage protection
- Current and Voltage measurement using isolated ADCs
- BEMF zero cross detection for sensorless control of PMSM or BLDC motors
- Separate voltage supplies for the 2 motors so that the motors don't influence each other
Dynamometer System with Embedded Control
- Two BLDC motors connected by a rigid couple in a dyno setup, which can be used to test real-time motor control performance.
- One BLDC motor acts as an electronically adjustable load and is driven by the embedded control system. This motor can be directly connected to the FMC motor drive to get complex / active loads. The load can be driven also by the AD-FMCMOTCON2-EBZ to implement dynamic load profiles.
- The other BLDC motor is driven by the FMC motor drive.
- Measurement and display of load motor current
- Measurement and display of load motor speed
- External control using Analog Discovery and MathWorks Instrumentation Control Toolbox
Example reference designs showing how to use the platform with Xilinx® FPGAs or SoCs and high performance control algorithms from Mathworks® are provided together with the hardware. Information on the FMC board, and how to use it, the design package that surrounds it, and the software which can make it work, can be found by clicking the software link.
Features & Benefits
The FMCMOTCON2 evaluation kit enables users to:
- Model and implement motor control algorithms rapidly for high performance servo systems, incorporating system modelling and design concepts using Mathworks model based design
- Reduce time needed to move a motor control system from concept to production, by providing a prototyping system to verify the hardware and control algorithms before moving to production stage.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.